Tuesday 25 July 2017

Haven't been to a boot sale for................

.............................ages........... at least two weeks!
 Sunday morning was fine so I nipped up the road to the local one (after saying I wouldn't bother again). Col stayed at home because, as usual, after a visit from Grandson he's gone down with a nasty head cold. Jacob goes to a childminder  so comes into contact with several children and, as small people do, picks up everything going and of course Col's immune system was knocked out with all the chemo.

Some more useful finds and one pretty thing - just because I liked it.

My main reason for going was to get the £1 mushrooms so I could try out the dehydrator without risk of losing anything too expensive or precious. Then there are 2 more large pots for 50p each, a hamper for a Christmas present £3, a purple perennial for my purple border, it's a Campanula of some sort and was £1.50. Then the jug - yes another jug but it is very summery and 'twas just £4.50 (notice me hurriedly justifying my purchase!).

 The WI have a fundraiser once a year by having a boot at the big Saturday sale at Needham Market. It was due to be last Saturday and I had planned to go and help, but with family here, decided against. Then we had heavy rain so car boot cancelled. Which means that when it's re-arranged I will be able lend a hand. Good.

Thank you all for the good luck wishes for Colin's treatment. Several steps to go before it actually happens - probably mid September.


Back very soon
Sue

17 comments:

  1. I love mushrooms, what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty jug....A very useful jug...Perhaps it could hold some flowers jug...Or cream...Or trinkets...Or just be ornamental...there...enough justification? Oh Col...feet up chap, get some rest, Sue will look after you she's a good sort I believe...get strong for that treatment...sending all the positive energy I can. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks lovely against the yellow walls of the living room

      Delete
  3. Poor Col. I have similar problems here, as my respite helper with Mum {Alzheimer's} has a school age child. Looking forward to hearing how the dehydrator works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to get a cold each time Jacob comes can't just be coincidence.

      Delete
  4. Good luck to Col, head colds are miserable. I bought the same pretty jug from out antique centre £10 quid so you have a bargain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, sorry yours was £10! It's a pretty jug.

      Delete
  5. There is a reason that doctor's call the under 5's 'super spreaders'. At that age they do seem to pick up and efficiently distribute every bug going around. Hopefully Colin will have a swift recovery to be fit for September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a dilemma, he wants to be able to pick up and cuddle grandson - but a cold everytime he comes is a problem

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to your experience with the hydrator as I'm considering buying one too.
    Just finished watching the new craft programme. mmm not sure yet. I'll reserve judgment for another week.
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, forgot all about the programme. Head stuck in a book - as usual.
      I dehydrated mushrooms, but not sure I gave them long enough. I realised I'd never seen dried mushrooms so I don't know what they ought to look like! Will do apples as I know what they look like dried.

      Delete
  7. Hope Colin recovers quickly - I must have missed something whilst being away about his treatment - is it due to start soon? I love jugs my OH says you can have too many whilst I say you can never have too many! I actually think he is probably right but they are my one temptation - well apart from all the others!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope Col feels better soon, children are a great source for germs as well as joy. Lovely jug, very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got quite the bargain on those mushroom. Hope Col feels better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For once this reader across the pond knew exactly what you were talking about! Eleven years ago, we were in Britain and I broke my foot. While DH went to Duxford, I drove myself (first time ever driving on the left) to Addenbrook Hospital where I had an Xray and got a bootie. I've been impressing people ever since that I went to the medical center associated with Cambridge University! Best wishes to Col--hope it all works out just as you hope. PS I like the jug, too.
    --Maxine in northern Idaho USA

    ReplyDelete