Tuesday 26 September 2017

Veggie burgers

When I put the picture of homemade bread rolls/buns/baps and the recipe on the blog a few weeks ago I mentioned a recipe for Veggie burgers I'd tried. I've now done it again....twice.... so can give a better idea of amounts used.
This is a recipe I altered a bit from something found on a vegetarian website. The first time I tried them I made about 10 smaller patties/burgers,but they weren't really big enough for a meal then I tried again and made 7 but decided they didn't have enough flavour. So I added more curry powder and a chopped red chili.

They are not particularly adventurous  or unique but tasty and nicer than bought ones.

I used

4oz mixed nuts nuts} whizzed in a food processor
4oz breadcrumbs     } ditto
 About 8oz of cauliflower or broccoli ( I used some from a mixed packet of frozen, defrosted and cooked for a while then water removed) chopped into small bits.
1 onion chopped fine } Cooked these together in the microwave in a spot of butter for a few minutes
2 carrots grated          }         until softened.
1 Red chilli pepper chopped fine
Lots Ground Black pepper
2 teaspoons curry powder
Big Tablespoon of tomato puree
1 egg beaten.

Mix everything together then form into 7 flattish burgers
Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment, put burgers on tray and pop tray in fridge for a while.
Bake at about 6 gas. or Whatever that is in F or C.

Serve in a homemade bap/bun/roll with some homegrown lettuce and tomato and homemade relish.




The rest were popped in the fridge and we had them reheated with salad stuff but without the baps for lunches.


Back Soon
Sue





6 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good.
    I will have to try these as I am a little bit funny about meat burgers.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a big catch up - lots and lots of interesting snippets to read - thank you.
    All I can say Sue is this - you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our DIL is a veggie and I know she'll love this, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time I go shopping I am going to buy those ingredients that I don't have on hand and give them a try. I want to make more meatless meals if I can manage to sneak them by my carnivore of a husband.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look lovely, and a proper big burger too. Health and flavour in every bite :-)

    ReplyDelete