Wednesday 13 December 2017

December 13th and Christmas 1958 in the USA

 Last month I was fiddling about online and came across this from  1958 in the USA.

It's a Betty Crocker baking ad from a magazine.                                                                                  
What you really needed to do before Christmas in 1958 (from Dec. 1958 issue of Family Circle)



 Ladies were just as busy preparing for Christmas back then but Betty Crocker had a answer to everything!
Still going strong on supermarket shelves in this country today

Back Tomorrow
Sue                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

9 comments:

  1. As you can imagine Sue - I don't really feel much like celebrating Christmas this year, but I am trying to make an effort for the sake of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I have this saved on Pinterest, Sue; loved it when I found it. Would be great to follow it one year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still busy yet today.

    I don't know that I could do all that Betty Crocker did back in 1958.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is brilliant Sue. Thanks for sharing it.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear old Betty, anyone would think she was trying to sell something!! ;o)
    I love BC, she has helped me out in the kitchen more times than I care to admit. Loved seeing this old advert.
    Hope you are keeping warm, it's still freezing out there! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have, and use on occasion, my Betty Crocker cook book that I got as a wedding present 50 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when we went to the states (2015) there was a pack of bisquick in the cupboard of the villa for making pancakes. The packet was enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, life is too short NOT to "Glamourise your punch bowl set " on December 15th. Brilliant.

    Rinty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty Crocker is an iconic name in the food industry, perhaps less so now than previously. But I received a BC cookbook as a wedding shower gift more than 40 years ago and I still refer to it for certain recipes. Brilliant ad that reflects times past.

    ReplyDelete