Monday 18 December 2017

December 18th- And the Christmas Trees in the Church




Stowmarket Church have a Christmas tree festival every year. Before Col went into hospital we popped in to have a look. Unfortunately there was a funeral due to be held there so we couldn't stay long. One of the helpers at the church said that unusually they had three funerals that week.........must be odd to attend  a funeral in a church stuffed to the hilt with decorated trees.

So I went back on Saturday for a better look and found the choir practicing Christmas carols which added to the festive feel.

 Sorry my photos are awful - taken on the phone and however hard I try I can't seem to get the thing to keep still and focused when I click, but you get the general idea


There were well over 100 big trees with all sorts of decorations and lots of small ones too. The Prayer Tree (3rd photo) was full of prayers for loved ones








For a donation they serve coffees and mince pies so I sat for a while with a cuppa listening to the carols and watching all the people looking at the trees.

Then had to fight my way out of town, the roads out of the car park and then out of town were heaving with Christmas shoppers coming and going.

Thank you for the comments about the  children's book, think I should be on commission! .........and I had no idea that it's not easily available, when I checked back found that I'd got my copy in May for 88p plus postage............... The moral of this story is Shop Extra Early for Christmas!

Also Hello, Hello and Hello to 3 new followers, numbers are going up in leaps and bounds and it's also good to hear from people who've never commented before.


Back Tomorrow
Sue

18 comments:

  1. I know Stowmarket Church. Very beautiful, but I always thought that the spire looked awkward. Pity your photo doesn't show it, so maybe you think the same as me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photo off the web . I shall look closely next time I'm in town

      Delete
  2. How lovely the Christmas trees all look together. I remember going to a similar display in a Derbyshire church one year, when I was up with Tam.

    The Prayer Tree is a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Prayer Tree us is a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magic of Christmas...you do things you wouldn't normally do. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite photo here is the one seeing them all together; they certainly do make quite an impact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have them everywhere all round the church, it looks really good

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos, they really have brought the church to life. You might be able to set your phone to auto focus. I have to wait about 5 seconds and the autofocus kicks in and everything is crisper then I take the photo. Phones aren't good for pointing and shooting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shall get daughter to investigate phone as I'm still a bit ignorant about it!

      Delete
  7. This is such a beautiful and uplifting post Sue. I loved seeing all of the lovely decorated trees...thank you 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful Sue.
    I found a copy of the book for nearly £50....needless to say I won't be buying it...lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the prayer tree best of all Sue but the whole church looks very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I brought the Festival of Christmas Trees concept to my own village from my time spent in America. It is a lot, and I mean a lot, of hard work, but it is also very rewarding to see the event manifest. Your church looks cram jammed with lovely trees, and I'm happy you were able to visit it and take a pew, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a heart warming sight.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty. I can just imagine gazing at the trees, enjoying a cup of tea and listening to carols. A perfect day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete