- Alexander McCall Smith - The House of Unexpected Sisters. Crime Fiction (Published 2017) The latest in The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series. Set in sunny Botswana
- J.Jefferson Farjeon - Seven Dead. Crime Fiction (First Published 1939 Reprinted in 2017 by British Library Crime Classics) Good story.
- Susan Hill - Jacob's Room is Full of Books; A Year of Reading. Non Fiction ( Published 2017) I didn't think this was as good as her other book about reading ( Howard's End is on the Landing) but still interesting. I wouldn't want to read many of the books she mentions in this book but did agree that Each Peach Pear Plum by Janet and Alan Ahlberg is a children's rhyming book that many adults of a certain age can recite!
- Mel Starr - Deeds of Darkness. Historical Crime Fiction ( Published 2017) Set in 1371 this is the tenth story about Hugh de Singleton, surgeon and bailiff in Bampton near Oxford. Written by an American who is "an authority on medieval surgery and medieval English".
- Bernard Cornwell - Fools and Mortals. Fiction (Published 2017) An historical novel about William Shakespeare's players and his brother Richard. The story seemed sort of familiar as I've read several of the Edward Marston Elizabethan players series and Rory Clements books about John Shakespeare - another brother and set at the same time.
- Alys Clare - The Rufus Spy. Historical Crime Fiction. (Published 2017). The 8th in the Aelf Fen series featuring the young healer Lassair set in the 11th century in the Fens and Cambridge.
- George Bellairs - The Case of the Demented Spiv. Crime Fiction( First Published 1949, reprinted 2017). Another title by this author who was popular in his day but then forgotten for 50 years.
Books Read 2018