An Aldi shop on the way home after deciding to have a look at the mid-week car-boot sale for a change last week. Just 20p spent at the boot sale and £22.50 at Aldi.
Total food spend for the first week of August was £24.79
************************
The East of England is due to be one of the hottest parts of the country later this week with temperatures in the +30℃, possible 36 - yikes! That's very high 90's ℉. This is the 5th official heatwave of the year and is unheard of. I found a fascinating page all about recorded heatwaves on wikipedia. And this is what determines a heatwave here. 3 consecutive days above..................
The rain that was forecast for the 17th has gone from the charts - nothing there until 21st now and that's less than 50% chance.
I think any food shop I do this week will be Very Early morning!

I'm planning an early food shop today too. Won't need courgettes/cucumbers for the forseeable future as I'm watering Ed's plot whilst he's away so have been told to help myself.
ReplyDeleteThurs is our hottest day - 33 deg. I shall defo be lurking inside again this week. Everywhere desperately needs some long steady spells of rain to buck everything up a bit. I was horrified to see the New Forest on fire yesterday, from a burning van . . . Extinguished now, the news reports today. Scary when the A31 shut and everyone told to get out and abandon their cars though . . .
Courgette post coming up in the week - I think I do one every year!
DeleteI shall be good for nothing once it gets really hot!
ReplyDeleteToday has been lovely - the nice breeze before the high heat of Thursday
DeleteDelighted to see your shopping included treats
ReplyDeleteMiriam
There's usually something - biscuits or cheesy biscuits or wagon wheels or jaffa cakes
DeleteWe were down near Wakefield with our oldest son for the weekend. Bearing in mind that although further south than we live - is still not 'south' however we were staggered at how brown and crisp the countryside was and how hot the temperatures were. (27deg c on Saturday)
ReplyDeleteWe went for a walk on the Sunday - cooler by a couple degrees but still felt hot, was like walking in Africa. very strange. The soil was cracked and dusty. Trees looked to be dying - not good at all.
The dust is really bad it gets in everywhere as the windows are wide open and the car is filthy
Delete36 is extreme for UK - I hope it doesn't reach that temperature. Some people will love it.
ReplyDeleteI would have enjoyed it in the past not so much now
DeleteHope you get the cooler temps and rain that you need soon.
ReplyDeleteThe lack of rain is serious now
DeleteAs we are only five minutes from the supermarkets I tend to go later in the day when outside is at it's hottest. It's so beautifully cool in all our supermarkets, and I can tag the visit onto taking Alan's lunch round to him at the bungalow.
ReplyDeleteI hate having to shut all doors and windows to go out, so I'm always glad to get home and open everything up before it gets too hot
DeleteYour weather sounds like our Florida weather. Do you have the 100% humidity too? It is awful! I love your grocery hauls. Even though it isn't a hal, lol. I am going to go to Aldi today and look for those Cheese onion rolls!! They look yummy
ReplyDeleteToday has been nice and breezy but high humidity isn't usually a thing here
DeleteWe have had some rain here but it dries up very quickly. I went to my singing class this morning and we were all expiring in the heat as the sun was shining through the glass panels in the roof. Now going to attempt to put up a curtain I made yesterday-fingers crossed it fits. Catriona
ReplyDeleteExercise group is awful in the heat - for me anyway - some people don't seem to notice it
DeleteOuch! That's some really hot weather to endure. I hope you get a break soon.
ReplyDeleteWe really need a lot of rain to put things right
DeleteI'm going to persuade OH to try Aldi's ground coffee, at the moment he's buying Lavazza at £6.49 a bag, it would be a huge saving if he likes it. Derbyshire has now gone to voluntary restraint use of hosepipes. At least I won't have to wash the car! Xx
ReplyDeleteThe strength 8 Aldi is really good, although I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur ! I drink almost any !
DeleteI'm making no special trips out to shop, but will go tomorrow when out to bring big dog to his one day a week doggy daycare for basics and lasagna ingredients as son and a sister are coming Tuesday. I plan all my errands and jobs that are harder to get done when he's here. I'm in a real use things up mode as so much is lingering.
ReplyDeleteI've got a couple of things I need to do in town so will probably head in early one day although one place I need to go doesn't open until 9am
DeleteThe heat continues here too. Plus, we have humidity as well. No breeze makes everything very still. The heat looms.
ReplyDeleteThe latest prediction is for another week of ongoing heat.
Early morning (7 AM) walks are best for now.
It's been nice and breezy today and degrees cooler before it heats up during the week
DeleteWe are in an apartment and we are in the middle of work on the cladding. There is covering over the scaffolding which is giving a bit of shade. Didn’t ever think I would be grateful for the pesky cladding work 😊
ReplyDeleteNothing really like your scaffolding but I've always fancied a veranda - never had one of course - but it would certainly shade the SW facing living room window.
Delete