You just never know what you are going to find at a car boot sale and last weekend I found 3 chocolate rabbits. Actually I could have had more but decided that maybe 3 were enough.
Someone had a whole tray full and selling them for 3 for £1. They are only just out of BBE date and being Lindt are sure to be good .
My plan is to eat the chocolate (of course) and use the ribbon and bell on some Christmas decorations that I just have to first stitch!
I made a few of these years ago and still have a couple that go on my Christmas tree most years.
Better get stitching.
(I went off chocolate in the heatwave of 2022 and hadn't eaten much until recently getting hooked on Maltesers! which I count as supporting local industry as the malt for Maltesers is prepared at Muntons maltings in Stowmarket!.)


All the more reason for eating Maltese! Oh the hardship!!
ReplyDeleteMaltesers, grr auto correct!
ReplyDeleteI'm finding them too addictive - must stop
DeleteI wish I could "go off" chocolate. No hope there. I like your little C/tree x-stitch. I laid down my stitching when I did my hip in and hope to get back to it soon. Better moving around right now.
ReplyDeleteI've hardly done any cross stitch for several years - but will get some little decorations done to send in the post.
DeleteThose bunnies were a find!
ReplyDeleteA good surprise find!
Delete3 for £1 - wow that is a bargain.
ReplyDeleteIt 'amuses/annoys' me the BBE - as if on the stroke of midnight of this mythical date the food becomes unsafe to eat ....
I had covid in 2023 - not eaten chocolate since then - s'pose something good came out of that vile virus.🙄
I wasn't worried about the date for chocolate - plenty of sugar to preserve it!- I just hoped it hadn't been kept somewhere that had turned it white in the heat - but it's fine
DeleteBestBeforeEnd means they taste better when fresher, not that they are unsafe. It is about quality, not safety. However, Use-By DOES imply a health risk
ReplyDeleteNo health risk with Good Chocolate ........... except to waistline!
DeleteLove the little Christmas decoration and it will be a nice project for colder nights. Catriona
ReplyDeleteI've not done much cross stitch lately but have made a start on these already
DeleteExcellent price on those chocolate bunnies. I think people tend to pay too much attention the BB dates
ReplyDeleteThey cost £s in the shops before Christmas I think.
Delete