..................... I found him at the Sunday car-boot sale.
For the princely sum of 50p, he has joined the other three looking out of my bedroom window.
![]() |
| That's a cobweb on the outside of the window - not cracked glass! |
He is one of the originals from dcuk. A company started in 2004 (which must be when I got my original). My second was a charity shop rescue in 2017 and the third was from a boot sale last year. In between then and now I could have bought one for £5, but that would have made me a serious collector! Whereas at 50p I'm just a duck rescuer. 😀
The company are still in business, still using bamboo but now all the ducks have painted wellie-boots - I'm not keen on those, there are lots of copies around too. The originals have dcuk stamped on the sole of their foot.


They are fabulous! Do they all have names? Xx
ReplyDeleteThe big one is Merlin and the other is Imogen but the one on the left had no name label. I named him Arthur to go with Merlin but now have a grandson called Arthur so maybe I should change that!
DeleteLuv the ducks. Like the rescuer not collector. 😄
ReplyDeleteToo many collections!
DeleteThey are beautiful 😍
ReplyDeleteThey are very tactile.
DeleteFor 50p, you got a bargain, and Elvis is no longer lonely on his own . . .
ReplyDeleteSpotted amongst all the junk and tat and soon rescued!
DeleteI had Emily for my 60th birthday in June 2004.My granddaughter Lily and I spent many happy hours feeding ducks.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lovely memory
DeleteWhat a bargain! Meant to be Sue, just waiting for you to come along and take him home to be with his tribe.🤣 June
ReplyDeleteI thought they'd like another to keep them company!
DeleteI have Imogen and Sylvester, they were both gifts!
ReplyDeleteApart from the 1st which was new mine have to be found and rescued!
DeleteBrilliant find and I like the plain bamboo ones too. Catriona
ReplyDeleteI see they now do some with hats and clothes as well as the spotty welly boots - I prefer just plain bamboo
DeleteI don't think I had heard of dcuk before. They are gorgeous
ReplyDeleteThey've had a mention on here before when I found the 2nd and 3rd - I've given them their own Label now!
DeleteHe's lovely, and an absolute bargain at that price. Well rescued, not collected at all. 😄
ReplyDeleteIt's a bit like my Holly and Ivy tableware Not A Collection!
DeleteElvis is great and such a bargain too. 50p! I like things in odd numbers (design aesthetic) so I hope you do find a lonely duck on your travels.Carole R
ReplyDeleteI'll look out for another to make an odd number - it might take a while!
DeleteI have seen these ducks about but not knowing anything about them, I followed your link. I certainly prefer the plain bamboo ones, the coloured are a bit too kitch for me, I suppose they need to offer new and different stock to keeps sales going. The original design is nicer - especially for 50p!
ReplyDeleteMy first one was bought new such a long time ago when they'd probably not been around long. I'm not a fan of the spotty wellies and some have hats . Plain is best.
DeleteA great ducky discount! They look lovely looking out of the window.
ReplyDeletePenny
I don't mind 50p for my Not A Collection!
DeleteWhat a lovely little flock of ducks
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
I have a Merlin. Our runner ducks would pause there foraging, and listen, and peer up just like that at an aeroplane so high up it was hard to see. They would stand immobile for several minutes.
ReplyDeleteI like those! Good finds!
ReplyDeleteNice find and he adds to your display.
ReplyDeleteSusan
Love 'em! Nice find!
ReplyDelete