Car boot finds this summer weren't very exciting. So many people just bring the same old stuff every week and it's often just the House Clearance people who have different things each time.
I've already mentioned the most interesting but these were the other small finds.
Two books - one for Grandchildren (because I'm sure one of our children enjoyed one of these Usborne Puzzle books when they were 8 or 9 and yes, that is possible because this is dated 1990) and a book for me that I used for pictures for my scrapbooks as it had lots of pages stuck together but enough interesting pictures to cut out. Paid 50p for both - from house clearance boxes as usual.
A bundle of postcards with pictures of commemorative stamps . Some of these were also for the scrapbooks. 50p for the bundle.
Another 50p on this suet block for the birds - I'm only feeding sunflower hearts and Nyjer seed at the moment but this will go out for them in Autumn. This also came out of a box of house clearance stuff.
50p again for this new jug, a replacement for a very old one that no matter how often I gave it a scrub, it still looked nasty.
The book below I bought because it was only 20p. It's all about the old businesses in Stowmarket. I could have borrowed it from the library there but now there's no hurry to look at it. At another boot-sale I saw volume 2 but the girl wanted £3 - I said " No Thanks"
Christmas Wrapping Paper 50p
Pack of notecards 50p, a couple will be used in the scrapbook and the rest for birthday cards.
An old crime fiction book and a small watercolour pad 50p each again
And finally this little pack of three turned wood garden cane toppers were £1 which I will add to the hanging plant pots for my sister and her husband for a Christmas gift.
Which makes a total spend of £5.20 for all sorts of useful bits and bobs









Great haul of bits and bobs for that money! Love the Manx postcards and cane toppers.
ReplyDeletePenny
Once upon a time, a long time ago I used to collect those postage stamp postcards. No idea why!
DeleteThe cane toppers were a real find. My children loved the puzzle island book too
ReplyDeleteI briefly thought about keeping the cane toppers, but I can carry on using flower pots and my one special pottery one and these will add to what I have for my sister.
DeleteA brilliant selection. The Gordon Beningfield postcards will be a real treat for the recipients.
ReplyDeleteThey make good note cards being blank inside
DeleteAll very useful items. I love the wooden cane toppers. I can't find the get up and go to attend boot fairs lately maybe now it's cooler I might try, we have several ones round here. Regards Sue H
ReplyDeleteI like getting out for that early morning walk round the boot sale field - then I can justify doing nothing much the rest of the day!
DeleteSome great finds there. I had a jug like that for many years but I agree, they reach a stage where they look and stay discoloured. Some good books too. The Welsh car boot sale house clearance folk must bin all the just opened kitchen stuff as I never saw anything like that offered. As you know, I am in a car boot wilderness - would have to go to Madley (nearly Hereford) or Hereford itself for car boot sales. There they don't let the public in for an hour whilst everyone's setting up and it makes me grind my teefs to see dealers going to the other stalls and indeed at Madley, dealers paying £8 pitch price to go in early and pick it clean of anything good . . .
ReplyDeleteJust opened as in foil or cling film or coffee or washing powder etc.
ReplyDeleteI've not found any useful kitchen stuff like that recently. I shall actually have to buy washing soda from a shop - last year I found several part used from the house clearance bods.
DeleteThank goodness buyers are let in the same time as sellers at all the boot sales here - although I don't get there at 5am like many dealers do.
The little watercolour pad caught my eye, my dad used to buy that brand (Smiths as was ) and they are good quality.
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
I have visions of suddenly being able to paint!
DeleteThat's a good pile of useful stuff! You know where to look when you go to car boot sales, Sue.
ReplyDeleteI really avoid all the junk, toys, clothes and endless crockery
DeleteThose little wooden cane toppers are lovely, I think I would struggle to give them away ... even to family. :-)
ReplyDeleteI bought them for me really but they will probably be a gift with other things and I'll carry on using flower pots
DeleteYou have an eye for a bargain and a knack for planning ahead.
ReplyDeleteChristmas is coming as usual
DeleteI love the little wooden toppers. Great eye for useful bits and pieces as always. Catriona
ReplyDeleteI try and spot the useful among all the junk
DeleteThe cane toppers are really nice! I miss a good boot sale. Haven't been to one for ages.
ReplyDeleteBut you probably have fantastic markets that we don't have!
DeleteNice finds. Everything is useful. The price for everything is outstanding.
ReplyDeleteThe house clearance boxes hold treasures, and you seem to always find something worth buying.
The problem with the house clearance boxes is that they are usually on the ground - which my back doesn't like so I can't rummage as much as I would like to
DeleteSome good finds. Wish we had those types of sales around here.
ReplyDeleteI am confused about the cane toppers. I thought i knew until you mentioned plant pot.
ReplyDelete