18 September 2026

The September Library Book Photo

 A good collection brought home from the mobile library this time, they are all books I had reserved online. Good job I took two bags up the road with me.

Lots of crime fiction - no surprise there then!.



I have no idea how I'm going to get through this lot in 4 weeks - think it's very unlikely that I will.

Better get reading.

4 weeks ago I brought home this lot below. I read most but took some back unread and still have a couple here. Those I read get a mention on the Books Read 2026 page.


18 comments:

  1. We're fortunate enough to have kept our the library in our village. It was to be closed and the books dispersed, however the village rallied around and along with the shop (community centre and pub) took over and run it as a community affair - I remember my gran using the mobile library down in Sussex when I first arrived in the uk - she too would take home an armful of books to read 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How good to have a library in the village - very handy.
      The pub in my village is hoping to become a community run thing if there is enough interest.

      Delete
  2. I am currently trying to read All the colours of the Dark but I just can’t get into it. I will need to persevere as it’s my readers’ group book. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, that's possibly why I couldn't belong to a reading group.
      Can you do beginning, middle and ending and miss the rest!

      Delete
    2. It is a tough read, the subject is so dark. But I really loved the book. I might suggest it to our book group...

      Delete
  3. I would be more surprised, shocked even, if there were no crime fiction in any of your library book pick-ups. You have a very ready weekend coming up, which looking at the forecasted weather is no bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be very worried if there were no crime fiction to read!
      Weather forecast is OK for weekend down here in Suffolk but having tyre issues with car so not going far!

      Delete
  4. Crime fiction is my favorite, too. I'm almost done with The Dentist and hope to finish it today. That's a large pile to get through - can you keep them for more weeks if you need to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got The Cyclist which is the 2nd after the The Dentist. Just started it first pick from all those books

      Delete
  5. At last, after a summer of just not feeling like reading a book I am enjoying getting stuck into a library book - a walk along the Pennine Way.
    That’s quite a pile you have there - enjoy them
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you are back to reading.
      Years ago I read a fun book by Mark Wallingford(?) about walking the Pennine way with his dog and I think he did the devon cornwall coast path too

      Delete
  6. Just finished the Andrew Wilson book, Death in a Desert Land, which I really enjoyed. Now starting on one by Agatha Christie, instead of starring her! Evil Under the Sun. You have a challenging pile there. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard something about some new TV of Marple somewhere - not sure where or what now - bad memory.

      Delete
  7. I have a new author to suggest Sue ( well new to me ) . I should be travelling to Lake Garda tomorrow with friends - I had to cancel ( operation booked for 2/12 but need to loose 14lbs at the request of my Consultant )- so friend gifted me a book by Tom Hindle called Murder on Lake Garda . Really enjoyed it and am now on my third book of his - all stand alone and well written ( I have enjoyed them and found them diverting ). If you can read some I hope you would not be disappointed
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get to the weight for consultant.
      I think Itried and failed with one of Tom Hindles books, or maybe just borrowed and didn't read.
      No reading shortage for me this month!

      Delete
  8. I loved reading Frozen River. Don't recognize a lot of those except Louise Penny's latest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of Louise Penny's book have been made into a TV series. Enjoy that one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a large collection of books. You'll have not time to spare!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete