- Robin Blake - Rough Music. Historical Crime Fiction ( Published 2018). 4th in a series featuring coroner Titus Cragg and his friend Dr Luke Fidelis. It is summer 1742 and Titus Cragg takes his wife and new baby away from Preston to avoid an approaching epidemic. There he is called upon to investigate the death of a local woman in an unusual community.
- Cyril Hare - Untimely Death. Crime Fiction (Published 2008. Originally Published 1957) Francis Pettigrew, a retired barrister, travels to Exmoor for a holiday with his wife and on a walk discovers a dead body, which half an hour later has disappeared.
- Mel Starr - Prince Edward's Warrant. Historical Crime Fiction (Published 2018). The 11th Chronicle of Hugh de Singleton, surgeon. Hugh has helped Prince Edward in the past and is asked to help with his health again. He travels to London but soon someone in the palace is poisoned and then others are killed and Hugh has to find the murderers.
- Horatio Clare - The Light in the Dark; A Winter Journal. Non Fiction (Published 2018). This is the diary of an author with depression surviving the dark days of winter in the North of England. Actually a bit depressing to read!
- Alexander McCall Smith - The Colours of all the Cattle. Crime Fiction(Published 2018) The latest in The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Precious Ramotswe is persuaded to stand for the local council so as to vote against the building of a hotel right beside the grave yard.
Books Read 2019