Anyway I'm always grateful he's willing to come and get me ready for winter - but Sunday morning I could hardly move! It's a good thing it was raining so I didn't go to the car-boot sale, I'd have hobbled round like a much older woman.
|A shed full of free heat!|
Now the Finances....................
Looking back at what I said about August on the last day of July post
"How will August pan out? Well, in theory I don't need to buy any more books now the library van will be round each month and they've let people reserve books again - at last, BUT the Furrowed Middlebrow NEW SELECTION of reprints is out on the 3rd August and I might be tempted.
The half year water bill is due - that might be a bit more than usual. Sometimes the electric bill comes right at the end of August and it looks as if one of the cooker gas cylinders will run out during the month too and I've just emptied the last of the petrol into the mower so that will need refilling.
Other than that it should be a lowish spend month..........I hope."
The up to date list of what 'one old woman' can produce from a garden..................
All these are finished now
- Lettuces (I tried to get some going but they just ran to seed - too hot I think)
- Rocket and small beetroot leaves as salad leaves
- A few asparagus spears -
- lots of rhubarb-
- A surprising amount of strawberries from 6 new plants and a few from the old bed.
- 3lb of gooseberries
- Lots of raspberries and 3lb put in the freezer
- 2lb Redcurrants
- Few mange-tout peas - put in the freezer
- Green beans - some put in the freezer
- 2 small Calabrese heads.
- 2 small cauliflowers
- last Courgettes.
- A few potatoes left
- Lots of tomatoes from greenhouse
- Just a few aubergines left
- The last cucumber is now in the fridge
- A few runner beans - but not doing very well due to wind damage again
- Huge peppers
Looking at September...............
I guess the electric bill will arrive eventually. They keep pestering me by email and letter to get a smart meter - I'm ignoring until it's forced upon me.
The cooker gas cylinder ran out over the weekend and I need to decide what to do about bird feeding this winter. I gave up in early spring because it was only attracting magpies.