Anything Thrifty in January? (These are the places I economise so I can afford to spend in other areas)
- Eating up all leftover Christmas food.
- Negotiated reduced price for Radio Times Subscription rather than just paying the new price.
- When I went to buy toothpaste recently I found it's double what it was not so long ago. But I discovered it half price on Amazon and even less with a regular order - yes I'm guilty of aiding exploitation of workers.
- Still mixing milk half and half with water
- Home made bread
- Choosing the right days to do the washing so it can half dry outside before I put it on the radiators, only used tumble dryer when I did the new towels before using them.
- Using things from my cupboard (from car-boot sales) for half of Middle Grandson's birthday present.
- Having the cheapest type of haircut
- Eggs still £1 for half dozen at roadside farm stall on way to swimming
- Reading library books for free
- Exercise group is free
- Dumb-bell weights at Aldi were £4.99 instead of around £10 on Amazon
- Found bags of Wonky Pears at Morrisons 5 for 79p - wish they had their wonky fruit more often.