I hope I've not moaned too much in blogland about the silly delays in this house move. Have to look at it this way.................................
I hadn't decided to sell at all I could have stayed at the cottage and spent many thousands of £'s on a new sewer system within the next year, probably a new boiler very soon, contributed to resurfacing the lane again and heavens knows what it would have cost if the water main up the lane had needed replacing.
I hadn't decided to move out to rent to make sure I didn't lose my purchasers (who had offered more than I was expecting to sell for) I could have still been living in among all the boxes waiting for exchange and completion and being nagged by them to hurry up and risking all or any of the above, which might have happened and put them off buying or made them reduce their offer.
I'd not gone to look at the site of the new-build in my Son's village (which was my original idea) I wouldn't have known about the huge trees at the back and the shade over all the garden and I'd have still been renting somewhere anyway as those houses are still not finished. Plus I'm not sure I'd have enjoyed living on the edge of a new estate with all the traffic for 70+ houses going by everyday and a village that is increasing in size by the minute.
I'd have known about the delays involved due to the Equity Release company's loan on the bungalow, I still would have gone ahead as the bungalow will suit me fine and other things that are for sale are either too big/small/expensive.
and of course IF Colin hadn't got ill and died we might still be at the smallholding!
That word IF is a funny ol' word.
and finally IF all goes to plan then bungalow purchase will complete next week. At last!