Seems to have been quite a long month with all sorts of different weather including hot enough for sitting out and then cold enough to wish I'd not altered all the boiler timings. Last Sunday was particularly cold and nasty....... I'm sure the cold weather was due to me buying new bottles of suntan and after sun lotions!.....Jinxed it.
As predicted May was less spendy than April and there was extra income with that £150 government "help for price rises" going into the bank...............I was thinking how useful that would have been when we had 3 small children and a mortgage with interest rates much higher than now. Other income was the two pensions as usual and the State pension went up a little bit - always handy.
- Several Children's Birthday cards from boot sales for 50p each
- Made a Wedding Anniversary card from stash
- Bought new schoolbag for Grandsons birthday present, but filled it with items previously found at boot sales.
- 2 tee-shirts for home wearing found at charity shops for £3 each.
- 2 items bought for Christmas Hampers from boot-sale
- Several things from boot sales that will save me money i.e foil, parchment paper
- Mostly picked the right days for hanging out washing but I did have to use the tumble dryer once
- No lights needed mornings and hardly any in the evenings now.
- Altered the heating thermostat timer to lower temps for the summer so it rarely comes on.
- Always mixing whole milk half and half with water
- Reading library books for free.
- Home made bread
- A cauliflower for 88p made me two meals of Cauliflower cheese and two times side veg to go with other things