Random Stuff..................
- Heating oil is really being saved with the warm weather most of the week. So far this autumn the heating has only switched itself on on a few mornings but off again less than an hour later. We had rain on two days this week, more than there has been for months.
- BiL got here to cut the yew hedge out the front - it took less than an hour to cut and clear up, it would have taken me days with my small hedge cutter. He stopped for a coffee and a chat which is good - he has a very busy schedule for a retired person!!
- Thank you for all the comments about charity shop clothes last Tuesday. It was interesting but I'm still puzzling about the comment from anon who actually came back to explain his/her comment but I still didn't understand their assumption that buying secondhand means I'm denying myself the pleasure of buying new or I'm somehow implying it is wrong to buy anything other than second-hand.............. They don't know me at all!
- Remembered to go and find a diary (NEW!) from The Works when I was in town. I'm ready for the new year.
- I've actually watched England playing football on TV in the Nations League - they do seem to be playing well at the moment. I really prefer watching rugby but when Harry Kane etc are scoring so many goals it's easier to watch...........guess that makes me a 'fair weather' football watcher.
- Finished reading Phillipa Perry's first crime fiction book 'Shrink Solves Murder'. It was a good story. It's always interesting to see a well known person writing fiction, sometimes they are successful and this definitely falls into that category as she is writing about what she knows. I'm sure there will be another book to follow.
- It's EGD's 10th birthday this weekend so off to see her and meanwhile down in Surrey YGS is settling in at school while Daughter sorts out a High School application ready for EGS . Many schools there are HUGE, she said that their nearest has a ten class intake each year! So funny to think back to my schooldays with just 6 children the same age at my primary school and a 90 pupil intake at Grammar School. A whole different world.
- Hope mentioning a house move wasn't a mistake, maybe tempting fate? The housing market is very odd and I wouldn't be surprised to get a phone call to say someone had pulled out. I'm primed for disappointment but hoping for success. Please forget I mentioned it!
- Imagine watching a live streaming of execution by a firing squad in 2026 - no thanks.
Have a good weekend ..........I hope to be back Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment