07 October 2026

The Other September Car-Boot Finds.

  For a Christmas present £1 - My Essex friend likes traditional ways of doing things, including using proper handkerchiefs.



Pack of 6 suet blocks for the birds £2


2 Christmas Bags, 50p each for Granddaughters who will probably get a bag full of crafting bits.


A pack of 5 new flannels £2 - they were wrapped and tied with a ribbon but I forgot to photograph


Exciting..........a new loo brush! and a bag of heavy duty rubbish bags - £1 each.



50p each for two shower scrubby things - do they have a proper name? Don't think I saved much money for these.

And something from a charity shop that will be part of YGDs birthday present. £2.50 for a pretty photo frame.


All useful without breaking the bank.


19 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful haul! Those hankies are really pretty (I'm a traditionalist too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a bad experience when newly married with mens hankies/nasty cold, I've never used real hankies again!

      Delete
  2. Gosh I haven’t seen embroidered hankies for a long time- not even in the ‘cheap’ discount shops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember, as a small child, being given a box of hankies every Christmas from a Great Aunt - I probably would have preferred toys!

      Delete
  3. Great bargains. I think they are called shower puffs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they were much of a bargain as I'd not realised one was really small

      Delete
  4. I have the same set of hankies, bought in a charity shop and they're a good quality, heavier cotton than some. I prefer proper hankies too.
    The bundle of flannels was a bargain too, a good haul all round.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good bargains there. The flannels caught my eye, they look good quality.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put them through a wash and they are still thick and fluffy very handy

      Delete
  6. They are all very useful, and those bathroom scrubbies are at least £1 each from the cheaper shops, more for a good one. I used to buy those lovely packs of hankies from carboot sales etc to turn into envelope style lavender bags when I had my gift shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to look in Superdrug when I was in there today to see what the price of the shower puffs are.
      I bet your lavender bags sold well- they sound lovely

      Delete
  7. You have a good eye for bargains, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The treasure in among the huge amount of tat!

      Delete
  8. You'll have to go to this particular sale/seller again. Finding many very useful items all at great prices does not always happen. Everything looks great.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. A loo brush for £1 is a good bargain! I'd have bought a couple of those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't have car boot sales here, just the occasional yard sale or church rummage sale. You find the best buys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great buys. My comment is more to my fascination with UK Englush and American English. Same things differ words that mean different things. When you type flannel, without the picture, my first thought was either flannel shirt or flannel pajamas. Now a multi pack of shirts or pajamas for £2 is an even better buy. ( smile)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some good buys! I really like the hankies. They look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete