The weather forecast was for possibly a few showers but actually we had several minutes of proper rain on Sunday morning.
Enough for it to run off the living room roof into my water butt. I filled up two watering cans and a bucket while it was pouring in.
Enough for it to run down the road - although not for very long
And then it moved away to the East, it looks as if further South and North missed out. Son and family were camping with friends in Norfolk, I hoped it stayed fine for them there.
After the rain stopped things warmed up again and now it's back to near heatwave conditions for the foreseeable - high 20's℃ all week and into next week too.
After my lunch as I was feeling better than I'd been for a couple of weeks. I thought it was about time to up my game and went out for a bit of church visiting to make some future posts for the blog.
You know. I would like a brief tutorial on you water catchment.
ReplyDeleteThere were five spots of rain on my windscreen yesterday! I didn't get very excited.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of your downpour. Here on the edge of Cornwall, we had misty drizzle from Saturday evening, which I thought was a promising start. However, all we had on Sunday morning was a 15 minute light shower. Barely enough to thoroughly wet the deck. The rest of the day was windy so it dried everything quickly. Nothing on the forecast all week. It's looking grim, just hoping we don't get idiots causing fires. We have plant saucers of water dotted around the garden in shady spots, there's a steady stream of birds visiting all day.
ReplyDeleteFive minutes of heavy rain or us in Sussex too.what a joy! And it has cleared the air and settled the dust a bit.
ReplyDelete