09 October 2026

On the Move Again?

 Yes! 

After the 2020-2021 move to here which dragged on for 7 months including nearly 9 weeks in holiday homes in between, I thought it best not to mention moving until I was sure it was happening, but, fingers crossed, all seems to be going well.

After just a couple of years here I knew I shouldn't have downsized so drastically. After living on 5 acres at the smallholding and then 1 acre I really missed the space and open outlook of Clay Cottage (the cottage at the end of the lane).

My bungalow has been for sale for 18 months and finally found a buyer who then pulled out after 4 weeks just as I found something I liked (I viewed about 10 properties in that summer heat, most were too tatty or too expensive.) Luckily just as I'd almost given up hope,  a new buyer was found for this place and  a bungalow I liked and could afford and had viewed in August came back onto the market, and it all fell into place in the space of 3 busy days. 

So now I'm heading back toward the East coast, just a few miles from the sea, and just 4 miles from YD and YGD. Son and DiL have their house for sale and hope to move nearer the coast too.

Mad?    Probably!.................. I'm excited but nervous.

No idea how long it will take but the chain is short - just 4 people. So maybe before Christmas?

45 comments:

  1. That does sound exciting! Wishing you all the best with the move. Looking forward to reading about your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times! It will be lovely being closer to your family, and the sea. I hope the move goes smoothly for you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is big/great news. It will be lovely to be closer to family and the coast and back in an area where you had so many happy years. Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and quickly. Solicitors do seem terribly slow these days and need a lot of chasing. Hopefully you've got a good agent who will be pushing a quick result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly for you. How lovely to be living close to the sea and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're far braver than I, I hate moving and find it so stressful. But yes very exciting for you, back to an area you know well and love, close to family too. Will be great if son and DiL can move nearer too. Hope all goes well for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news. Great to be nearer family, hope all goes smoothly and speedily - and not too stressfully. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck - we too have had an awfully long wait to sell houses (Louth and Chichester) and the market has seemed very slow/depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good luck with the move. That seems to have fallen into place as a "meant to be". Nice to be nearer the coast and family too. I wish mine were closer but at least Danny is 25 mins nearer now he's moved to Carmarthen. The other two are further away but it can't be helped. I look forward to seeing your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh waw Sue…good for you. Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all goes well for your move. Looking forward to exploring your new surroundings through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Fantastic! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, both for surprising us all and for your sale and purchase. We all do what we feel is right for ourselves and you obviously were not really settled. Good luck for a speedy and stress free move. Susan from France

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand your need for space, good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with everything. I hate the process of moving house all such a roller-coaster. Our eldest son and his partner are in the process of buying their first home, we have our fingers crossed for them, and now you! Regards Sue H

    ReplyDelete
  15. I understand that need for openness. Hope it all goes smoothly this time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, good luck with the move. I remember when you moved to your bungalow as we were having a fraught house move experience at the same time. Hope all goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your move will bring you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done, Sue. I didn’t think you were settled where you are and fingers crossed the chain keeps strong for your move. It will be lovely to be nearer the sea. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you kept that quiet. Good luck with the move, it will make for exciting times.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're not mad at all Sue, I always got the impression you missed your old home and space. House buying and selling is very different to when I last moved over 30 years ago. I found this out when I sold a second property last year. It had multiple problems but nearly everyone that saw it wanted to buy it. It still took almost a year to complete! I'm sure yours will be a smoother process.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mad, probably, but then aren't all the best people willing to up sticks and do mad things occasionally. It sounds just perfect, closer to family and nearer to the coast. I had a feeling you were treading water in your current home. I hope it goes smoothly for you now, we'll probably be moving home at the same time then.

    I think that moving closer to the sea would be the only thing that would make us move again. But we might nip that idea in the bud and buy another caravan instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You little " dark horse " , I really hope all goes smoothly for you . Your home has to feel right and suit your needs . Good luck with the move ,it'll be good to be near family xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You never seemed very settled in your current place so I am not surprised that you are moving. Good luck with it all and I hope it goes smoothly. Carole R

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adding my voice to those wishing you well. We were surprised, yet as you had dropped a few hints recently, more understanding in what you really want in life.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! Fingers crossed it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How very exciting and not at all mad. Hope all goes smoothly and looking forward to seeing and hearing more in time.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
  27. That seems both exciting and practical. Good luck with all the packing and planning! Hope there is a good library nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Best of luck to you! I don't think you're mad at all. Our homes are so very important to us. Look forward to your sharing the journey. Nancy - KY

    ReplyDelete
  29. That sounds excellent to me! Not at all mad! You need to feel ‘at home’ to thrive! Good luck with the move! Please share some more top tips as you pack, we’re contemplating downsizing and moving to be nearer to our son and daughter in law and imminent baby. Penny L in Dorset

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good for you! Moving is tiring, but you’ve downsized a lot so it should go well, and you have help. Closer to the sea & family! I wish you the best and look forward to hearing more as the process continues. DL

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, you did a good job of surprising us! Hope all goes well and you are happy in your new home. You won't struggle for post ideas as you will have lots to share about the move! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, how exciting! I thought that you didn't seem very settled and this sounds like a wise move. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congratulations! All the stars aligned. And what a joy it will be to be closer to your family with more room. And by the sea! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations Sue! Being close to family and the coast is fantastic. I am assuming you will also have a bit more land as well. It all sounds well planned out.
    I am very happy for you.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow. This is a surprise. I imagine after all the work you put into that house it was quite a find for the buyers. I don't understand the chain system of buying and selling there in Britain but hope it all works out for you. How much property will you have?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Exciting! Fingers crossed all will go well. We were only in a chain of 3, but it seemed to drag on and on. Sold in April and eventually moved in October. We will have been here for 2 years this month and I'm never moving again. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations! I hope all goes well with your move. My cousin just purchased a home in Shrewsbury and explained to me the "chain" process for buying in England (or is it all of the UK)? I was mind-boggled!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations and good luck! I hope that chain hangs together! That whole chain thing is very bewildering to we Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I think this is exciting! I'm sure it will be a wonderful move and closer to family and the sea. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Brilliant news. Hope it all goes swimmingly.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I seem to move when you move so I hope I can find a good house too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What exciting news. Keeping my fingers crossed that the move goes smoothly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  43. You know what you want and you should have it if possible. It sounds like a good move to me. We had the options of staying near the small town we enjoy or moving back nearer the children. My husband was adamant he didn't want to leave so I gave in and now regret it. I will be spending lots of time in the spare room of one or other of my children's houses and husband can fend for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh WOW!! I do hope it all falls into place for you. The English real estate system is SO uncertain, I'd hate to try to navigate it. Here, you put in an offer, once the conditions are fulfilled, it's FINAL and IRREVOCABLE . And you would get taken to court if you reneged on a finalised deal.

    You've thought this through, and it should all be smooth sailing. Please God! And the people getting your house are so lucky, as you've been such a good steward of it. Looking forward to seeing the new place . . . and your plans for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. That's great news. Moving nearer family and the coast sounds much nicer. You have made the best of your current situation but if it isn't right much better to grasp the nettle and move. Fingers crossed that all goes well.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete