18 August 2026

£1 Addition to the 'Art Wall'

 I rarely buy anything at boot sales nowadays that I like rather than need (actually I rarely buy anything that isn't something to use Full Stop!) but spotted this little original water colour of ducks a couple of weeks ago and for £1 it seemed like an inexpensive addition to the other small pictures I have.

The photo has made the picture look a bit faded but it isn't.


I can't read the artists name but a label on the back says it was framed in Glamorgan, so I'm guessing the artist is Welsh.



There's still room for a few more pictures. .............. That is the cane topper in my summer display - it hasn't gone outside yet.


(I wish I'd caught the guy who fitted the Carbon-Monoxide alarm when he did the wood-burner  before he put it there, right where I didn't want it!)


26 comments:

  1. I would have gone for the lovely little duck painting too. Its gorgeous 😍
    You really made me laugh out loud with the little sign hanging above it about dusting. My sentiment exactly 🤣
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mother's day present a few years ago from Son and DiL - they know me well!

      Delete
  2. I can never seem to group pictures on a wall in a way that pleases me! I'm another believer in the 'no dusting' sentiment, I've always thought it a pointless job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not altogether happy with how they are on the wall, but stuck with them now

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely Sue
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little £1 bargain. Straighten your pictures, they're hurting my brain. 😄 But they are a good collection. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look a bit wonky, yet from another angle seem OK. Most are fixed with those velcro type fixers - can't alter them easily

      Delete
  5. Beautiful little painting in a lovely frame-great bargain! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bargain and so nicely painted
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusual to spot anything interesting nowadays.

      Delete
  7. Here in USA instructions for our carbon monoxide detector instructions tell us to install them lower to the floor, as the fumes seek a low level and build up from there. You might have BIL check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the woodburner guy knew what he was doing.........
      A wall-mounted carbon monoxide detector should be placed at about 5 feet (1.5 meters) or head height above the floor. This matches the breathing zone for sitting or sleeping, keeps the device away from pets or small children, and makes it easy to reach for monthly tests

      Delete
  8. That's a sweet addition to your wall. I didn't even notice the detector until you mentioned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said it needed to be opposite wall to the wood burner and stuck it right there before I could say 'stop'!

      Delete
  9. Anything with ducks is attractive and you got a bargain there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have a theme going with ducks and geese

      Delete
  10. What a lovely little painting and a bargain too. We're allowed an occasional non useful treat I think.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much rubbish at car-boot sales nowadays. I usually find nothing

      Delete
  11. That's a really nice watercolor for just a pound! I'd have bought it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like originals - so many talented people around

      Delete
  12. A lovely picture and definitely the right price!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely painting and a great price. Your picture wall is very lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find! That is a wonderful painting of ducks, and it looks lovely on your art wall. They look like Mallard ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't pass up a bargain like that. I remember when you bought the hare and the owl. Together, I think.

    ReplyDelete