21 August 2026

The August Library Book Photo

 A nice collection of 8 books that I'd reserved all arrived for me to collect this week. I also picked two more from the shelves.


There are 6½ crime! The ½ is that very small novella on the top by Racheal McLean, which I see was written and sold to benefit the Disasters Emergency Committee Ukraine Appeal in 2022.....and still the war goes on there.
Three of the crime books are by authors new to me but I know I'll enjoy those by Alan Parks, Robert Peston and Heather Peck. I'll find out about the others later.

Two are non fiction that I've seen mentioned on blogs - they might be read properly - or might just be skimmed through and there are two that aren't crime. The Eve Woods book was on Sues blog - I think - and I know I've read  'The Lost Bookshop' by Eve Woods a while back. The other - ' The Midnight House' by Amanda Geard popped up somewhere. No idea what it is.

The crazy thing is that there are already 5 books in transit to the mobile library depot that will be sitting on the shelves there for four weeks ready for the September visit. Future good reading!

At the end of July I collected these below and read seven.

 The BLCC 'Airing in a Closed Carriage' was given up on quite quickly and as it was a month ago I can't remember why....just that I didn't get on with it. The others are on my Books Read 2026 page as well as two more - one I picked up in Stowmarket library and one from my shelves (Rosie Thomas - Iris and Ruby - a good story, as was the other book of hers I read ages ago ' The Kashmir Shawl')

No comments:

Post a Comment