06 August 2026

Two Aubergines

 You'd think that I knew there were two large aubergines on my one plant in the greenhouse but they grew without me really noticing. Probably due to rushing in and out of said greenhouse in the heat, with watering can and not really stopping to examine. Watering into a flower pot sunk between the two plants in each grow-bag is really quick and easy.


The flowers at the top of the plant aren't setting and I had noticed several flowers had dropped off  but these two were down at the base, under some large leaves. I used them with an onion and two tins of tomatoes to make a big batch of aubergine and tomato sauce for using with pasta. 



Grated cheese over the top when eating makes a quick and easy meal. A nice piece of home-made focaccia bread to mop up the excess juice goes well with it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment