Tuesday 18 June 2024

Debenham Church Art Exhibition

 This exhibition from local artists is always well supported, according to the catalogue there were 102 artists showing 524  paintings. Lots of people visiting too.



Hopeless for good photos due to all the light flooding into the church from outside, where it was actually sunny for a change, so I only took a few photos of some I found interesting.



Mixed media collage by Jackie Dommet



Gorgeous colours in these abstract trees by Barry Fox in acrylics 


Linocuts by Gill Thornton


The four small prints in black frames below are by Deborah Key. I have two by her  -an owl and a hare - on my Picture Wall, which weren't framed when I got them and seeing these in black I wish I'd had mine done in black frames too, they look better.



I liked these birds made of sea glass and perched on corks, someone had bought it already. Artist is Donna Jackson. 


These two below are by Penelope Conway and are glass and glass powders on a ceramic tiles. Really lovely but I think they way they are mounted on a piece of rough white board spoils them. £75 each and again  one is sold, the others hadn't.



Back Soon
Sue

31 comments:

  1. Some great paintings, especially the abstract trees. But my favourite is the one with the sea glass birds. It made me smile. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds on corks is such a simple but effective idea

      Delete
  2. I spy a red dot on the linocut trees I liked. Interesting exhibition: buy local!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of organisation goes into exhibitions like these. It's inspiring to realise how much local talent there is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, who knew there were so many artists around!'

      Delete
  4. I love the linocut trees. You could paint your frames black or look out for replacements, often show up in CS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may well paint them if I can find a tiny tin of black paint as it costs a fortune nowadays

      Delete
  5. some lovely looking pieces of art, but as you say it's a shame about the lighting which so often seems to be an issue in these local art group exhibitions. I've picked up a few interesting paintings over the years here, in particular I have many by local amateur Dick Munden {dec.}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The church is ideal as there is plenty of room but no good for photos

      Delete
  6. Looks like a really quality exhibition.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many more on show than the exhibition I went to a couple of weeks ago.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised as the one I went too a few weeks ago was smaller than usual

      Delete
  8. So much local artistic talent. There is an artist in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pleasant way to spend the day. I do like the Winter robin in the black frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I came home with a piece of coffee cake as well as looking at all the pictures!

      Delete
  10. The church works well as a gallery to display/sell art. US churches do nothing like this. I would love spending hours looking at the art. The black frames work very well, I've got a few pieces framed in black and hung on a white wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have local art exhibitions or where do local artists sell their work?

      Delete
  11. I love the ones next to Deborah Keys, the paths through tall grass. Are they by her as well?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that a LOT of art, and some lovely pictures too. I think I would have been very tempted. Although I have virtually no wall space left. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got plenty of wall space but I'm not good at drilling holes for hanging hooks for big pictures and reluctant to spend too!

      Delete
  13. Quite an exhibit. I did like those sea glass birds too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The prints by Deborah Key are stunning! She has an Etsy shop (on break at the moment) and I'll be watching for when she reopens.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many very talented people in your area.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing exhibition. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I paint a lot of my thrifted frames black as art seems to show better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some great art there. I have to admit that the birds one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete