I'm having problems with one of my car tyres, it keeps losing pressure. I seemed to be pumping up with my hand held compressor far too often. So the car will be taken to my friends at the repair place on Wednesday to see if they can find a very slow puncture or valve leak and as there was plenty to do at home I decided not to risk the extra miles by going to car boot sales and jumble sale.
Then I had 'fun' with paperwork as I was looking for something and had to wade through a pile of this years gumpf - so lots of shredding done and sorting of things into different folders. Information to keep longer and things that can go into the recycling bin. It's a job I really dislike and it usually gets left until year end - or January. But getting rid of some now will make the January 2027 sort out so much easier. The instructions leaflet for our new recycling bins says you can now put paper shreds in the card/paper bin but only if its 'wrapped in paper'. What a messy business that was - bits everywhere.
A bit of stitching
were done too and I watched the Strictly Launch Show, which was what they called the first of the 2026 season. It was OK except for Josh Widdicombe who I do like as a comedian but his awful laugh kept intruding. Hopefully someone will have mentioned it to him and it will be less annoying next week when the live programmes begin or maybe it's just me being picky.


Paperwork and shredding is so tedious isn't it, I feel so satisfied when I've done it but it feels like a marathon and somehow I can always find something pressing to do instead! It's certainly a winter job isn't it.
ReplyDeletePenny
Some things have so many bits of paper and others have nothing!
DeleteI feel exactly the same about Josh Widdecombe.He sounds false and that makes it irritating.
ReplyDeleteGlad it wasn't just me
DeleteI'm not a fan of Josh Widdicombe at all, and Emma gets a bit squeaky when she is excited, I fast forwarded loads of the show, not sure if I can watch them.
ReplyDeleteI think two presenters would have been enough
DeleteI like a good sort out of paperwork but we are not allowed to put shredded paper in the recycling bin sadly. Emma Willis could have done the whole of Strictly herself as she’s an experienced presenter, but Josh’s laugh was very intrusive and I’m not sure why Johannes was there. I will record it next week and whizz through the bits I don’t like. Catriona
ReplyDeleteWe never used to be able to add shredded paper but wrapping bits in a sheet of newspaper was impossible
DeleteI wasn't keen on Josh's laugh either! Let's hope it was down to being a little nervous. I am currently reading the George Cross series after your recommendation and am really 'enjoying' them (I am on 'The Politician' at the moment). It always seems wrong to say I am enjoying a story about murder! Best wishes
ReplyDeleteEllie
Thought it was just me really noticing his silly laugh!
DeleteI've read 3 of the George Cross now, may leave it a while before reading another
Hope your car issues get sorted soon and not so expensively. The stitching is lovely.
ReplyDeleteProbably new tyres needed - expensive itt will be
DeleteThe cross stitch is looking good, Sue. I've got to sort out papers also as my file cabinet is getting pretty full. Shredding is a good job for this rainy weather we've been having here. Hope they can patch your tire.
ReplyDeleteI hope the tyre gets sorted, might need new - expensive
DeleteTires that leak air are such a bother.
ReplyDeleteLast year I replaced all 4 tires at Costco, and they filled the tires with helium (not air). I never heard of this, but I can say, there are no air leaks.
Your cross stitching is lovely.
Susan
I’ve given up on Strictly, but granddaughter keeps me up to date with it. I save big envelopes travel brochures come in or Amazon packaging and put all my shredded paper in them.
ReplyDeleteDang, I will need to do some shredding early next month. I do hope they find the leak in the tire. You got a great deal done around the garden and house.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Oh I do like the stitching. I need to pull mine out again.
ReplyDeleteI hate shredding. There is a pile of things beginning to build at my house and I keep putting it off!
Oh dear. We had car troubles here. It turned out to be the nut behind the wheel.😖
ReplyDelete