The guys at the car repair place put new valves on two of my car tyres so I'm hopeful that will solve the problem and will stop the tyre pressure warning light coming on every few weeks.
Someone asked about the hand-held compressor that I can use for pumping up tyres at home. It' shaped like a electric drill and has a re-chargeable battery or will also run off the car cigarette lighter thingy and works well. For many many years we had a huge electric compressor - needed for the tractor and when miles from a garage forecourt - but after the plug on it got bent and the gauge stopped working it went to BiL's for parts a few years back. It was also incredibly heavy and very LOUD which didn't matter at the smallholding but got the neighbours here all out at their doors wondering what was happening!
After more clearing there's not much left in the greenhouse now and I have enough chopped peppers in the freezer to last months. I'm hoping that BiL will get here soon to do the yew hedge, if not I need to make a start on the Buddleias while the garden waste bin is empty.. I'll probably need to cut the grass again too. It's amazing how quickly it's growing after the summer drought.
Other than going to a solicitors to update stuff to do with YD's house and my will, I've not been far at all this week, but hope to get to the car-boot sales this weekend. It will soon be the end of them for the year so best go while the weather is fine.
Have a good weekend, I'll be back Monday.
My last two cars both came with a tyre repair kit that included a compressor that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket (and no spare tyre). Much easier than the foot pump that I used to carry round previously.
ReplyDelete