26 September 2026

Saturday 26th

 The guys at the car repair place put new valves on two of my car tyres so I'm hopeful that will solve the problem and will stop the tyre pressure warning light coming on every few weeks.
Someone asked about the hand-held compressor that I can use for pumping up tyres at home. It' shaped like a electric drill and  has a re-chargeable battery or will also run off the car cigarette lighter thingy and  works well. For many many years we had a huge electric compressor - needed for the tractor and when miles from a garage forecourt  - but after the plug on it got bent and the gauge stopped working it went to BiL's for parts a few years back. It was also incredibly heavy and very LOUD which didn't matter at the smallholding but got the neighbours here all out at their doors wondering what was happening!

After more clearing there's not much left in the greenhouse now and I have enough chopped peppers in the freezer to last months. I'm hoping that BiL will get here soon to do the yew hedge, if not I need to make a start on the Buddleias while the garden waste bin is empty.. I'll probably need to cut the grass again too. It's amazing how quickly it's growing after the summer drought.

Other than going to a solicitors to update stuff to do with YD's house and my will, I've not been far at all this week, but hope to get to the car-boot sales this weekend. It will soon be the end of them for the year so best go while the weather is fine.

Have a good weekend, I'll be back Monday.



18 comments:

  1. My last two cars both came with a tyre repair kit that included a compressor that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket (and no spare tyre). Much easier than the foot pump that I used to carry round previously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car came without spare wheel too but I got one of those emergency spare wheels that are narrower to fit in the space. I'm now wondering if it had a mini compressor that vanished sometime

      Delete
  2. We have a car boot sale in the village today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good weather for boot sale here - hope you find treasure!

      Delete
  3. My little compressors has proved very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has really paid for itself and is really easy to use.

      Delete
  4. Busy weekend here - 1 flag football game and 2 soccer games that I go to so I can watch my grandsons play. Now a birthday gathering at my house - luckily, just a large crockpot of chili and some store bought pies so easy peasy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some strange reason the grass is really loving the weather here as well. Harvey seems to be cutting it much more than usual.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass looked dead but now growing like crazy

      Delete
  6. I've had to cut the lawn weekly because of the rain we have had. Can't complain though, it's good exercise and better than having the drought we had last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally cut every week but this years drought meant I didn't have to cut for two months

      Delete
  7. Hope you've got the tyres fixed. We have one of those little things. We keep it in the car. Our tyre pressure goes down sometimes when there are extreme weather changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guys at the repair place told me about weather affecting tyre pressure. Hopefully no more problems here for a while

      Delete
  8. Everything has really greened up again and put on growth spurts after the last couple of weeks intermittent rain hasn't it. The farmers were out in force cutting fields and hedges yesterday. I'm glad we don't have any grass at the moment. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it doesn't take me long to do my 'lawn' . It's good exercise - keeps me out of mischief

      Delete
  9. Our poor battered 'lawn' has greened up too and has needed cutting each week again too. Luckily Gray does it, not me ! The rest of the garden still has colour so we are leaving the plants in, but the greenhouse is almost empty and will need cleaning ready for overwintering plants. A bit sad to see really, even though we didn't enjoy the heat we've had this Summer.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very grateful that I got the rechargeable battery lawnmower - it's lasting well and very easy to use.

      Delete