First let me get the spendy bit out of the way!............. I love my pair of Hotter Whisper boots so much that I decided it would be a good plan to get another pair before they stop doing that style. Also ordered two new cardigans to pick up. I've got a few jumpers but needed something to replace old two baggy cardis to wear at home and haven't been able to find any in charity shops. Jumpers seem too hot sometimes. My two really thick roll neck jumpers haven't been worn at all in the last four winters - proving climate change! but I'm loathe to pass them onto a charity shop as that will be the year we get a really freezing winter.
Normal outgoings............. Direct debits for Council tax, phones, charity and car breakdown insurance.Food spending up a lot for some reason. Diesel spending up on September with more journeys to swimming etc but still down on October of last year as prices per litre are still lower.The bill came for the boiler repair and service.......Not cheap, and there were family birthday gifts and bits I've bought for the Christmas hampers and Christmas bits from my outing plus all the usual things needed for running a house and then the window cleaner turned up. Three outings involving coffees and cakes (a lovely return to a sort of normal) and a Chinese takeaway.
- Made a pair of leggings last a bit longer by turning over the top and stitching down then threading some new elastic through to make a new waistband.
- Used old carrots, a big red pepper from the greenhouse and one onion to make 4 portions of soup
- Always catching the cold water in a jug at the kitchen sink while waiting for the hot
- Home made bread
- The £1 bag with local paper, crisps and popcorn
- Reading library books for free
- Own fruit until the last week of the month
- Boiler not on much as it's been relatively mild and I've lit the wood-burner in the afternoons/evenings
- Couple of cabbages and the last peppers from garden/greenhouse
Still Clearing out