Friday 4 November 2022

D is For Daughters

 It has to be D for Daughters as the youngest one has her birthday today. To remember how old she is I have to think of what year she was born..... 1987 and count forward..........so she must be 35. - My baby!!

After being made redundant  in the summer from her job as Optical Assistant at the Opticians in the town where she lives - after 17 years working there- she has now got a job with a 6 month contract also in the town as a project organiser for something happening at the proposed Sizewell C Power Station. Hopefully if it goes well it may go on for longer. She's had various health issues but is a brilliant Mum to eldest Granddaughter F. She's also moving house, downsizing from 3 to 2 bedrooms - to try and stretch her money. 

One of my favourite photos from 2016, our daughters with the next generation, taken at Son's wedding.

Oldest Daughter is getting on well with her new job as a PA to the boss of a Landscaping and Garden business although youngest Grandson didn't settle with the childminder that his big brother had been with for years, so OD had to find another. 

I'm so lucky to have two daughters (and a son in the middle!).


Thank to everyone for comments on B for Books and C for Colin. I enjoyed Margaret's comment that bargain books are easier to buy than to part with - very true.
Sarah in Sussex asked if squirrels ever ate the apples at the smallholding. Not that I noticed, they took all the walnuts and hazel nuts most years but not apples.
Sue H said would H be for Hardbacks and P for Paperbacks?  I've got an idea for H but if I'm desperate then P for paperbacks might be useful.

Back Tomorrow
Sue

22 comments:

  1. Your daughters are beautiful. H should be for 'handwork'. You do beautiful work. P? Poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll come up with some ideas for the month eventaully

      Delete
  2. My birthday today too....a much bigger number though. Do you get to see your grandchildren often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Anon. Do leave a name next time as it's nice to know who is reading

      Delete
  3. Dads and Daughters…..best use ever for the letter D!
    Do the two little ones get on with each other now they’re older?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oldest grandson is in Surrey and now he as at school they don't get to visit Suffolk so often.

      Delete
  4. Lovely daughters. It is so hard to be a working mom and glad they are doing well. I need to catch up with your other posts
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youngest Daughter is on her own now after splitting with her partner so it really is hard work on her own with a 6 year old and working too

      Delete
  5. Beautiful daughters. I used to say I wanted two sons and then two daughters, but I stopped at two sons ... the youngest of which was also a 1987 baby, so he is also 35 at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the first two children so close together it put me off having the 3rd for several years. By then I felt too tired to have any more!!

      Delete
  6. I have two lovely sons but would have loved a daughter too - still I'm lucky to have 3 wonderful sisters. Lovely post about your daughters.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had 4 boys and then was surprised with a daughter for my 5th! This past year she has moved closer to home again and so I get to see her more often which is always a treat!
    I am glad you celebrated daughters in your "D" post!
    When you are looking for "P" ideas - check your list of labels on your blog - you have lots of "P" words there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo of your daughters and their children.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m enjoying the alphabet!🙏

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picture of the girls and their children. You are rightly proud of them - they are a credit to you and Col

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had two sons with a daughter in the middle. Sometimes I wonder where all those years went, they seem to have gone by so fast. Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have two daughters, too, and no son in the middle. 57 and 55 this summer. 57 just had a knee replaced!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughters are lovely young women and mothers with beautiful children. I always wanted a daughter. I love my son and it would have been ideal for him to have a sister and a brother. One day I hope to have a daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful young ladies and wonderful mothers from the looks on their faces.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely photos. Daughters are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must be very proud. That is a lovely photograph. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Daughters are awesome - I know - I am one! Also why does daughter not rhyme with laughter? Your daughters are beautiful. My daughter is beautiful. I think my Mum said the same about me and my sisters! Your Mum will have said it about you!
    My D would have to be for DS. Or Domestic Science. The first real school subject I properly excelled at. I loved it. Our teacher used to mark us in quarters. I consistently got 93/4 for my practical lessons. Never the full ten! It was like being on blooming Masterchef the professionals hahah . I thought I was the bees knees with my huge DS basket. I was a nut brown large wicker one that I covered with a checked towel that I used to bash veryone on the bus with as I walked past! When Miss 28 did Food Tech as it's called these days - no she did NOT want a basket - just a old sweetie tub would do! No style these days! My very first cooked thing I made in DS was 'Mixed Grill' and My mum had to hunt watercress down which was no mean feat in the early 80s in a small Northern town! Think she goit som eoff the fishmonger in the end - they just used it for garnish - as did we! It said on the recipe list
    Watercress for garnish. Not even optional! 1 rasher bacon, 1 sausage, one large tomato, 1 black pudding, 1 lamb chop, a packet of plain crisps and watercress!
    I have never ever cooked this particular dish again!

    ReplyDelete