Sunday 4 December 2022

December 4th

 Looking back at old blog posts I found there is nearly always a December post about the Royal Mail Christmas stamps.

And here are the second class stamps for 2022. Next year we will have the head of the King on our stamps.


The website says .............Brighton-based studio Baxter & Bailey led the project and worked collaboratively with Kent-based illustrator Katie Ponder on the six-piece stamp set. They also created the presentation pack, mini sheet, and first day cover.
There's a link HERE in case the picture above doesn't appear as it should
As usual, the higher value stamps always seem much nicer than the second class which is a shame as 2nd class are the most used.

This is a photo taken of a page in my old stamp album. Christmas stamps from two separate years in the pre-decimal days of the late 1960s 




I have a couple of old Canadian stamps dating from the 60's . I think my Mum had a penfriend there


And also from my old stamp album is this presentation cover showing the stamps from 1982. Designs by children that year.




Back Tomorrow
Sue

16 comments:

  1. I'm not sure whether I like this year's issue or not. I'll have to take a longer look at them. I've certainly seen worse, and the more I look at them, I think the more I'm beginning to like them. However, I am not a fan of this new code thing they've got alongside our lovely stamps. Thanks for the reminder that I need to buy my stamps. Actually, I still have to get my Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look hard at them to work out it was an angel.
      The highest value one is my favourite

      Delete
  2. I need to get going on my Christmas cards. I keep talking about it but have not even made my list yet. I don't care what stamps I use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying Christmas issue stamps for the cards is just a little tradition I've always done

      Delete
  3. I like Christmas stamps. They are lovely little pieces of holiday art. You have a nice collection over time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be using last year's Christmas stamps this year to use them up. I have a whole book of 2nd class that I bought and forgot about. We now have until the end of July to use up non-barcoded stamps don't we so I need to find all the ones I have and get them ready for use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the date is 31st January 2023. You can download a form from Royal Mail to swap out unused stamps for the new barcoded ones.

      Delete
    2. It was announced on the news the other night that the deadline has been extended!

      Delete
  5. I am trying to figure out what the code thing is. Is it used in buying the stamp or do you place it on the letter also when mailing it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all trying to figure out the reason for the barcode! It's part of the stamp

      Delete
    2. The are scanned at the sorting office, once scanned the stamps can't be reused. So, no more carefully peeling them off and reusing them.

      Delete
  6. I was just on the USPS website looking for Christmas stamps. Our post office has already sold out of the design I wanted. I may check a couple of nearby towns. Love your stamp collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those stamps. Very pretty.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely festive stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never collected stamps. My parents did. Uncirculated. When I tried to sell them back to a dealer, he offered me only about a penny above face value. I used them for postage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one thing I miss with the demise of mail - no lovely stamps to look at (I collected them as a child). I'm not even sure we still have a Christmas stamp issue - there probably is, and I just haven't heard anything about it!

    ReplyDelete