Wednesday 12 May 2021

Library Book Photo


Last Thursday afternoon I just strolled 5 minutes up the road to the Mobile Library stop - what a treat! and picked up my 4 reservations. Pleased to find there were several other people using the mobile here as I was often the only person in my previous village.(Although with only one person allowed on at a time due to Covid there was a bit of a wait! )

 I've also got to pick up two books from Debenham library as they were on the way there before I knew my moving date to change the pick up point to the mobile. One is 'The Night Hawks' by Elly Griffiths - finally got to the top of the waiting list.......very much looking forward to that.

Still busy unpacking boxes and trying to find somewhere to put everything - certainly going to miss an airing cupboard (oil combi boiler in garage here) .
Haven't even started on the boxes in the garage which were mostly labelled "Unimportant - Put in Garage"! If they were unimportant why did I bring them with me!!

Probably taking a few days off now as writing about unpacking boxes everyday makes for Very Dull blog posts.

Back in a few days

Sue

 

 


15 comments:

  1. How lovely to find other library minded people so quickly.
    Good luck with the unpacking - maybe 'unimportant' means 'not needed immediately?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get the library so near and hope you get a good selection. Of books. Enjoy your few days to set sorted out.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have a travelling library which came right to the gate. What a treat that was. Then "they" decided it would be a static library in the village and people would have to drive to it. I wouldn't mind betting not many people did and so they probably took the service away. That's a good haul of books anyway. I envy you the Elly Griffiths Night Hawks one. I've just started on the first Maisie Dobbs.

    We are short on space here because of our eldest daughter (and her house-full of stuff) living with us. At least you can take your time over the boxes in the garage.



    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the word 'unimportant' on boxes, must remember it. As always you manage a lovely selection of books from your library. Will put the Elly Griffiths on my audio list, still listening to another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Unimportant boxes' sounds intriguing, why don't you leave them for six months and then have a rummage ... unless of course you find yourself missing something that actually was quite important.

    You must meet a nice kind of person in a library queue, I find all readers and booky folk to be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intruiged re the unimportant boxes!!! Elly Griffiths is a favourite writer of mine. I enjoy her mysteries, and I like the character of the single mum, not to mention the enigmatic Nelson. A new book of hers is always a treat. How lovely to follow along and hear about your move and new home. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read the Erica James one and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm fascinated by the 'unimportant' boxes too! What on earth can they contain? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always find your library photo interesting for new authors or books. It will be interesting to learn what you have stashed in your "unimportant" boxes! I love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you found book you wanted. I need to read more myself. I seem to keep buying books. Our city library is open but I think you order online then go in and pick it up. Our state may be opening up in June. Hopefully mask wearing will go away. Have a good day while unpacking. 🌈

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have that Elly Griffiths book on hold at my library, too! I have a bit of a wait for it yet. Hope you enjoy it! Good luck unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you get unpacked and have read through your stack here's a book to add to your list to read The Paris Library by Janet S. Charles. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that the Mobile Library comes so close to your new home! Enjoy getting unpacked and settled in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow. Some nice reads and so nice that the library mobile is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you talk about and show pictures of your books because I am always on the lookout for new reads.💖

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Elly Griffiths! It looks like a good stack!

    ReplyDelete