The plan was to have 4 quarters.....1 with tulips, 1 with Alstromeria, 1 with annuals and one with something else.
I ordered some "Florists Favourites" tulip bulbs and Alstromeria plants from a garden catalogue and some Monarda (or Bergamot) from ebay, and picked up loads of cheap flower seeds from a car boot-sale.
The tulips are gorgeous, I've had two vases full indoors already.
Col raked in the flowers seed - mainly Cornflower and Corn Cockle a couple of weeks ago. Some have appeared.
But after the bed had been snowed on,frozen, rained on, dug up by the cat and walked over by ducks and pheasants(on their way between bird feeders, where they sit and wait for crumbs to drop) this is all that's left of the 6 Alstromeria plants. That tiny little green bit ought to be a big clump or even one of 6 big clumps.
And as for the Monarda - vanished - dead- kaput! They didn't look good when they arrived and didn't last very long at all . Serves me right for ordering cheap stuff off ebay
So the posts in the corners are ready for a bit of wire netting to make a fence to keep the wildlife off. I've sent for some more plants and there are lots of sweet pea plants growing slowly in the greenhouse ready for the 4th quarter.
By hook or by crook I hope to have more flowers to cut later in the year.
Thank you for comments yesterday, apologies for not replying I'm having a busy week