Friday 19 November 2021

The November Library Book Photo

 A huge heap of reading collected from the mobile library yesterday. They are all books I had ordered online, and often with waiting lists, so there's no way of knowing how long it will be before they arrive but I think I can safely say this is a VERY good month!
 
And so many crime fiction by favourite authors 
 

From the top down -Transient Desires which a recent Donna Leon -set in Venice
These Names  Make Clues is another British Library Crime Classic by one of their  best re-printed authors - E.C.R. Lorac
A Christmas Revolution is one of Anne Perry's Christmas Novellas, set in Victorian times
The Riverwoman's Dragon is the new book by Candace Robb about Owen Archer and set in C14 York
Anne Perry - Three Debts Paid  which is her most recent in the Daniel Pitt series set  in London in the early 1900's
 Ancestors; The Prehistory of Britain in Seven Burials is a Non Fiction book  by the brilliant Professor Alice Roberts.
Another Non Fiction - By Jeff Young and titled Ghost Town;A Liverpool Shadow Play not sure why I've ordered this, a quick flick through tells me I won't read it!
The second of the Very Well Publicised  Richard Osman series set in a retirement home
 
On the right
Non Fiction - The Hedgerow Apothocary by Christine Iverson.
Mike Hollow - The Canning Town Murder. Set in WWII London
The most recent Julie Wassmer Whitstable Pearl crime novel - Strictly Murder
And almost lost on the right is one of  the Little Toller reprints - An English Farmhouse by Geoffrey Grigson first published in 1948.

I already know I'll enjoy all the crime fiction so that's 8 books to read, even if the non fiction isn't so good.

The big question is...........where to start?


The books I collected last time and have read are listed on the separate Books Read 2021 page.

Back Tomorrow
Sue

19 comments:

  1. An exciting pile of enjoyment - the non fiction looks really interesting, I think.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a disappointment when you get a book, give it a quick glance through or even start reading, and know you're just not going to enjoy it. Still, there's plenty there you will enjoy. I like crime books, but not historical ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer historical crime to modern day I think. Yes plenty to read for the next few weeks

      Delete
  3. Nice interesting selection Sue especially now the dark nights have arrived.
    I have just ordered some wool to crochet another blanket and my Autumn one is almost finished.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely collection of books. Forgive my ignorance, but is a collection of books called a library by any chance?

    With all the different series you are reading with different main characters, do you get them confused at any time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Library must be a collection of books but I guess a collection of books isn't always a library!

      Delete
  5. Some great authors in there. I am not reading much right now I think I need a change in my glasses. I see him in December we shall see.
    happy reading
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I will enjoy at least 8 of them. I need to get reading

      Delete
  6. I listened to the Lorac book in audio, since the print and eBook formats won't be released in the US until 2022. I enjoyed it, but feel that I would have enjoyed it more if I could have read it. Rather complex. I have liked most of the Lorac books I have read, but the ones set outside of London more than the London ones for some reason.
    Jerri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your books look wonderful, Sue. Happy reading!! :-) ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Choosing the first book to be read will not be easy. That said, maybe you read multiple books in parallel. That's impossible for me but I've heard some people manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks as if you have a lovely selection of reading material. Enjoy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy seeing what books you have ordered. I ended up buying the Alice Roberts book Ancestors so that I could work m way through it at a more leisurely pace. Part of this was because I find I get brain overload (!). It is an excellent book which lays out the story of early man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge Whodunnit fan so your choices are right up my street. I'd like to read the Richard Osmond one- I hear good things about his books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mother is a huge Donna Leon fan - I tried once and could not get into it but I have one within touching distance (Uniform Justice) so I could try again.

    A few years ago I was asked to review a book by Nicci French. It was the final book in a series so it was very frustrating to read and I didn't get as much out of it as I should. However, during the pandemic once the libraries started allowing remote pick up I went back and read the whole series and liked it. I had a new book by her (actually, them, it's a H&W team) this weekend but I guessed whodunit quite early.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice reading lot! I wish I could find the Julie Wassmer books (physical copies even to borrow) here. I really enjoyed the television show based on the books and would love to read them. I did look in charity shops while back in England but couldn't find any.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha ... I cannot believe how different our book reading piles are for the coming month!!

    Enjoy yours. xx

    ReplyDelete