Friday 25 February 2022

Well, Who Knew?

 Came across this online after following a link from Smol ( the company who send me eco Dishwasher tabs by post on a very handy standing order) to a company called Matter Industries

Love Your Lint

To support our microfibre recycling research we’re calling for households to send us their tumble dryer lint. The lint will be used to assess the potential for cellulose extraction and test various recycling applications for sustainable packaging.

How to contribute

Remove all the lint from your tumble dryer first

Asset 31.png

Place the lint into an envelope or cardboard box

Please don’t wrap your lint in plastic or put it in a plastic bag

Please don’t put anything other than tumble dryer lint in the package

Please send us any lint you have collected before April 2022 to the following address:

Love your Lint, PO Box 3503, Bristol, BS2 2FP

 

Wonder what use they will find for it?

Back Tomorrow
Sue
(I've not mentioned the horror happening in the Ukraine - just so I awful I don't know what to say)
 
(Yesterday's post struck a nerve - so apologies - I didn't think I was condemning people who were still worried, I thought I was just saying that we have  to live with this virus, being careful and using common sense and I couldn't imagine being fearful for the rest of my life )

22 comments:

  1. Goodness! That's a totally new one on me. I wonder why.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know! But it sounds like a good idea if they're going to test it to see how to get rid of cellulose (which I'm guessing may be something to do with all those tiny little balls of plastic that are found everywhere in the sea etc.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another idea for stopping plastics getting into the seas sound a good plan.

      Delete
  3. I think maybe you still don't understand when you keep using the terms "worried" and "fearful" to describe simple common sense precautions that are similar to wearing a seatbelt in a car. But will leave it at that I promise so as not to wear out my welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to go on some prepping blogs and the lint from tumble dryers were (if I remember rightly) put into empty egg boxes and stored to be used as firelighters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our lint gets used to help start the fire. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never ever thought of that - all the years of having a fire - Duh!

      Delete
  6. It will be interesting to see what they learn from lint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be lots of plastic in it that we can't see

      Delete
  7. Whatever the lint researchers determine, I hope you get the findings. A neighbor of mine chooses to take ongoing and more precautions against Covid. His choice. He was paranoid before Covid so you can imagine what this looks like now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may never know the results but hope they can find a way of extracting the plastic from it

      Delete
  8. Some of us still line dry the laundry. Power saving measure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picking the one fine day out of the dismal grey damp ones is the problem here

      Delete
  9. I have never used or owned a tumble drier in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The concept of recycling lint is interesting. I would like to know what their studies will discover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once kept bags of it to stuff things with as it smelt so nice - I always wonder as well, how there are any clothes left when you get the lint every single time. I love my drier - its as eco friendly as it could be. I cannot line dry successfully until Mid March due to the Sun on the back garden situation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that we are going to have to live with this virus. I think it will take some time for it all to settle down. I'm still using a mask and sanitiser because I suspect that there will be further waves.

    What a great idea for the lint. I fancied stuffing a cushion with lint until someone explained the 'highly flammable' part of lint.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have any lint to send unfortunately as I have never had a drier. Perhaps cushion pads or some such thing could be filled with it, but would it honestly be worth the cleaning and extraction process before manufacture?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I wonder what they use it for.

    ReplyDelete