Thursday 27 July 2017

Last Sunday Afternoon was................

................damp and dreary, no good for gardening and Col with the horrible head cold and wanting to snooze. So I disappeared upstairs to the craft room and put together two cross stitch cards and made the garden shed card. The two cards on the left were made a few weeks ago using some patterned papers with flower toppers and peel-offs stuck over the print flowers and gems for the centres of the flowers. Bottom right is just 3D decoupage.
Recently made cards
 Then  I sorted out a few more pages for the scrapbook. I'd left a space for our eldest's wedding before  doing a Jacob page last year. So two wedding pages (Eldest daughter and son) and then a page for Florence.
Next I'm going to sort some photos and do a page for the move here,  another for Col's 60th birthday and then  a page in memory of Mum and Dad C.

 Monday's weather was even worse than Sunday..........we had rain all day bar about an hour, which is quite unusual for Suffolk, so after house work and food prep I went and made another couple of cards and started looking for  photos for the scrap book.



Back Shortly
Sue


17 comments:

  1. Lovely cards, I haven't put photos in a photo album for years, as they all get stored on the computer now, I miss looking at photo albums, so I decided I would start doing a scrap book of the year, I have just bought a scrap book and will start to fill it in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots of photo albums but then they suddenly stop. So made a point of storing good photos on a memory stick and then taking it into Asda to print out on their machine. Then into photo album or scrap book

      Delete
  2. All day Monday all day Tuesday and on and off yesterday and today cold and my brother is cutting my lawn in his overcoat at this moment. I hope summer soon comes back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuesday wasn't so bad I was in Ipswich with no jacket, just a brolly - was OK

      Delete
    2. It is warmer now, have been into Norwich but needed a jacket. No rain today so far!

      Delete
  3. Glad you got some crafting time. Probably sleeping is the best thing Col can do right now. Hope he is better soonest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The head cold is lingering but he is feeling better, takes him longer to get well again now

      Delete
  4. And here's me complaining about our winter. I'd go bonkers if our summers were like that.
    It's nice to see you have quiet ways of 'working' instead of it being go go go all the time 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some good days but then the weather changed just in time for school summer holidays, hope the summer returns soon. It's too early for Autumn

      Delete
  5. Beautiful cards and definitely the weather for spending time in the craft room. Getting a bit fed up with all this rain and grey skies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was OK here this morning but now we have rain for a while

      Delete
  6. You should get yourselves another polytunnel to potter about when its raining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Col gets through the stem cell treatment and is well enough next spring then we may get a small one. If the worst happens and I'm here on my own I wouldn't want one.

      Delete
  7. That's so nice to put together photo scrap pages. It seems that now that pictures are digital, I don't print any of them out, they just end up on a computer, or still in the phone or camera! It used to be nice, picking up a package of pictures from where you got them developed and see what you ended up with ! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. the cards are so creative. I need to get back into making cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are the same with photo albums - they stopped once we started storing pictures on the computer - my mum always complains she never gets to see any pictures so I am going to print a few off for when we meet on Sunday. Lovely cards. Hope Colin feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely crafty projects Sue.
    Can't wait to get my boxes of cards and papers down and start playing again-x-

    ReplyDelete