Wednesday 26 July 2017

Out longer than we thought

A tale of too many hours out!

Col had to go up to hospital for a kidney function test yesterday morning. This involves a blood test, an injection of a radio active substance(!) and then a blood test an hour later...................or so he thought.
He dropped me off in Ipswich town centre for shopping and planned to pick me up later, then  supermarket shopping and home in time for lunch.
I'd been in town for about an hour and a half when he phoned to say he had to have 3 blood tests - after one hour, two hours and three hours. Question was - did I want to stay in town for another 3 hours? Aaaagh - NO THANKS. So he came and picked me up after blood test #1. Then we went back to hospital, where I dropped him at the right entrance and then went and found somewhere to park - the only place I could find was right at the other end of the hospital!
By the time I'd walked the whole length of the hospital he'd had the second blood test and we went for lunch in the canteen. Then he went back to wait for 3rd blood test while I went for shopping at Sainsburys which is nearest to the hospital but my least favourite superstore and then back to hospital again and had just got up to the clinic where he was when he came out after third blood test.
Then we came home. Phew.
Had to put all the shopping away, only to discover the box of food from Approved Foods outside the front door so had to set to and put that away as well. By the time I collapsed in the armchair it was nearly 4pm.
At least I didn't have to cook dinner.

He's back at hospital to see the doctor today - I'm staying at home.

Back soon
Sue

19 comments:

  1. Make sure you both take it easy for a few days. Hospital visits, even when you are just the chauffeur, are so tiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been OK if it had just been the morning, we didn't know it was going to take all day!

      Delete
  2. Sounds very stressful. Hoping you can rest today.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that today goes a little - or a lottle! - easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Days like that are so tiring aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought we were going to be just a few hours rather than the whole day!

      Delete
  5. It is very hard and tiring for you both I can see that, take care of your self and rest as much as you can, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A much quieter day today. Col out just from 2 till 6

      Delete
  6. Andy is the same today....three hospital appointments one after the other and then he has to go to work this afternoon. He'll be shattered by the time he gets home tonight. I couldn't go with him today and I am quite thankful for that as our hospital is right outside of town so no opportunity to go shopping.
    Hope you have a quieter day today-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a nice quiet afternoon - sorting photos and reading

      Delete
  7. Hoping and praying it all goes to plan for you. I've been in that situation too and at Ipswich hospital where my daughter was having scans because gestational diabetes. The baby was huge and they were worried as she is small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We now know our way round the whole hospital - got to learn our way round Addenbrookes now

      Delete
  8. I think hospital visits are tiring without the additional shopping and having to walk from one end of the hospital to the other. I agree about Sainsbury's, it's my least favourite supermarket too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I should be grateful to find a parking space!

      Delete
  9. All these hospital visits are so tiring aren't they for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of waiting, which we seem to have been doing for months.

      Delete
  10. My, what a long time to spend in the hospital. I am sure you were both tuckered right out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete