Once the tower would have been in the centre of the church now the interior has the remains of the Norman Crossing Tower - these 4 arches.
Seen from the rear of the church
and closer..........the arches are decorated with chevron or zig-zag patterns which are characteristic of Norman architecture.
The stained glass East Window
These brasses commemorating John De Staveton and Wife (with no name!) are from 1420
Once on the floor - this brass
is now on the wall
Beautiful stained glass roundels
This big 15C key hangs on the wall and is a copy of the original which is in the British Museum. The bit that goes in the door (called the 'ward') is cut in the shape of IKE for the village name - impossible to photograph well
The Rector here between 1893 and 1938 trained local people in woodcarving to make the pew ends.
All sorts of birds and animals are featured including an owl
and a penguin