Monday 27 December 2021

27th December After Christmas and Before New Year

 Many, many thanks for all the Christmas greetings on and before the day.
 
This is what the hampers for the two sister's (my sister and husband and Col's sister and husband) looked like before I wrapped the whole thing in red cellophane.
 
 
The only things bought from shops were the After Eight Mint sticks and the Christmas plates (made of bamboo!) that the cakes are sitting on. The insect hotel and the baskets came from boot sales and everything in jars is homemade. - A Candle, Chutney, jam, marmalade, Elderberry Syrup and that pickled cabbage mentioned last week and finally just a small bag of spiced nuts. (Only a small bag because after the necessary taste test to make sure I'd added enough spices, I  kept most for me....... they are so good πŸ˜„)
 Hope they liked all the goodies.
 

On Christmas day I travelled over to the coast to have a Christmas dinner with Youngest Daughter, the excited 5 year old Eldest Granddaughter, EG's Daddy and one of his mates.  EG painted my nails! Presents were exchanged, dinner was delicious. Then later in the afternoon I came back to Mid Suffolk and spent some time with Son, DiL, excited nearly 4 year old Youngest Granddaughter and laid back  nearly 2 year old Middle Grandson, Dil's Sister and Dad. Presents were exchanged and lots of toys admired. Then I went home and caught up with the Strictly Christmas Special and the Queens Speech.

On Boxing Day BiL came round, he was going to help me dig a mini pond but it rained nearly all day. I fed him a home made veggy curry , because he's a meat eater and says curry is always too sloppy! He actually said it was good.
I've proved there's a huge difference between a home made curry and a takeaway!
 
Back Tomorrow
Sue

 



 

 
 
 
 

30 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good Christmas all round. You are very brave to allow your EG to paint your nails! Yesterday was so wet, we abandoned "outside" plans, as I had a streaming cold, and toddler grandson wouldn't have enjoyed the wind and rain much. Your hamper contents were beautifully varied and red cellophane is very Christmassy. We haven't had the Post Christmas Curry (yet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I don't own any nail varnish remover - so I'm stuck with random sparkly bits and pearly pink!

      Delete
  2. All he difference in the world, I agree. I'm glad he liked it.
    I'm also glad you have had such a lovely time. The hamper looks fantastic - lucky recipients.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very good Christmas day and boxing day.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good time was had by all. We had all our children home, though G had to go back as she had work today, but now T's boyfriend is here to make up numbers.

    I hope you made a convert with your Home-made curry .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to see 3 out of 5 grandchildren on the day.

      He's one of those old men who "tut" at vegetarians!

      Delete
  4. I love a homemade curry during the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I still have some portions in the freezer - yum

      Delete
  5. It sounds like a fun filled Christmas Day, and you left with lovely painted nails πŸ˜€

    You can't beat a good homemade veggie curry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A busy day for you and great fun with your grand-children. Children are what makes Christmas special.

    It seems it was curries all round yesterday as my daughter's partner also made a curry, but not a vegetable one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very true about children at Christmas - so lovely to now have grandchildren old enough to enjoy it all

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas Sue and the hampers sounded very good.
    I had a nice Christmas with my D,BinL, GD, GS and Girlfriend, my DinL came on Sunday we all missed by son he loved Christmas but we all made new memories.
    I am back in my own home and lots of lovely presents to sort out and it won't long before I start a new blanket called HARMONY. My D brought me lots of food back so I won't starve.
    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear you had a good Christmas.
      have fun with your knitting

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sue and Happy New Year to you and the posters.
      Hazel 🌈🌈

      Delete
  8. Your hampers look a real treat. Lucky recipients. Glad you were with family for Christmas. Imagine you were completely knackered by the end of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too tired, the roads were quiet so driving was fine and I didn't have to cook or wash dishes!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a lovely holiday. We battled snow and ice to see our daughter and family.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through lots of huge puddles on the roads on the way to Youngest Daughters - we have had rather a lot of rain over the last few days.

      Delete
  10. Glad you enjoyed such a pleasant Christmas. I stayed alone but had several phone calls, a Zoom and friends also came for a coffee. The same happened on Boxing Day so I have not been lonely. Also a double helping of Around the World in 80 days yesterday was a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had two good days.
      I'm hoping to watch Around the World on catch up over the new year

      Delete
  11. That was a full Christmas day you had there, but it is great to catch up with family.
    I am admiring your header photo - the frost on the cemetery makes it look quite attractive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stood just outside the front door early one morning to take the photo - it was a very quick photo!

      Delete
  12. Glad you enjoyed your Christmas and got to spend time with family. The grandchildren were so excited that the noise level was pretty high at my home with the 4 youngest grandchildren here. It was a fun day and I was worn out! I am enjoying today as a relaxing, reading day with no one here now but me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be noisy here on Wednesday - I've threatened to throw the two 5 year olds outside if they get too silly!

      Delete
  13. Your Christmas and Boxing Day with family sounds great. Your hampers look outstanding and filled to the brim with holiday delicacies. The magic of Christmas seen through the eyes of grandchildren make the holiday very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see both families on Christmas day

      Delete
  14. What a lovely Christmas you had. One of these days I am going to try my hand at a veggie curry.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete