Friday 8 April 2022

Can It Be The April Library Book Photo Already?

Doesn't seem 5 minutes since writing about the books I collected from the library van in March but four weeks have passed and lots had arrived for me to pick up.

There's no way of knowing when books will turn up, sometimes I request them when the library have only just got them on order themselves - that means a wait of several weeks while they are bought and processed and sent from stock unit to the mobile depot and maybe another 3 or 4 weeks before the van is due round again. Of course some books have long waiting lists anyway and in that case it depends on how many copies the library have in stock and how quickly people read them.... hence 8 books last month and this HUGE pile this time.

 

There are all sorts here and some from authors mentioned on blogs that I've not read before. Namely crime by Camilla Trichiery, Katrine Engberg and Judy Daykin. The non-fiction are by Jan Morris, Beverley Nicholls and Spirit of The Blitz by Paul Addison plus a cookery book. Then old fiction by Dorothy Whipple and D.E.Stevenson. One children's book by Eve Ibbotson, a British Library Crime Classic by B.J.Farmer and finally more recent crime fiction by authors I've read before....Marion Todd, Alis Hawkins and Peter May and not forgetting of course the most recent Elly Griffiths. 15 in total! ....so many books and the Easter family visit and gardening to do too.

Better get reading...................


 How did I get on with last months books?

I read six out of the eight above, but not the Jane Johnson or Jumping Jenny which is one of the three Anthony Berkeley books that arrived all at the same time. I can't precisely remember why I didn't like either of those I didn't read.......presumably just didn't get into them. Those I did finish are on the Books Read 2022 page.

Back Tomorrow
Sue

20 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to not have to pay to reserve books in Suffolk. Here in Norfolk it is 60p a book. Imagine what your monthly bill would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a frightening thought. Are Norfolk libraries still owned and run by Norfolk CC? Although when I think about it reservation charges were dropped before Suffolk CC handed libraries over to a Community Interest Group anyway, so that can't be the reason.

      Delete
  2. 85p down here in Devon to reserve a book so I very rarely do now, although I have reserved the new Ely Griffiths one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness- that's a lot.
      There are nearly 500 people waiting for the E.G. here - but they have lots of copies

      Delete
  3. It £1 here in Wiltshire which is why I never reserve books now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spirit of the blitz sounds really interesting. Being from Portsmouth I’d love to know how the people made it through. Hopefully it will be available over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an ambitious stack for sure. I would never get thought that many books I am lucky if I get thought one book every 2 weeks. I just have so many other things I like to do also never enough time. But I am always interested in your reviews I work in a used bookstore.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a lot also and it is great to have a new stack to tackle! Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never get through that many books in a month either. I get through a book every 2 weeks or so. I like to read and savour every word as if it were a play and I can hear the character's voices in my head as I read. Mad, eh 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your free book reserve and mobile are great library services. We have no mobile service. Reserve is free. My lawn and garden work will take priority. After a long cold Winter, I look forward to the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have "The Tenant" on my shelf. And I hope you like Under Violent Skies. I have books two and three from her on the pile too. It's a big pile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are just so organised with your books Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, why don't you remind people that you are a speed reader? I know that is what you do, speed read and yet people are still flummoxed at how you read so many books. I used to read books in this way when I was a law student because we had so much case law to get through. I don't do it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes, it does just seem like yesterday that you posted March's books. Wow that is a lot of books for April. Hope you get through a lot of them. I haven't started off this month's reading too well. Going through a slump I think. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stash of reading going to be happening at your house.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete