Wednesday 6 April 2022

The WI Knit, Stitch and Yarn Group Again

 Here's the finished stitching for the little bookmark started last month- on the left is how it should have looked with the kit and on the right how I altered it to fit a smaller card.

 

 Double sided sticky tape soon got it fixed into the bookmark card and tucked away to make a little gift.

 That meant I needed something else to take along to the group this week .

This is one of the charts bought for 25p from the car boot sale last month. I bought it because of the tea-cup design as I knew I'd got a couple of plastic bits for making coasters that need stitching inside and a teacup seemed quite apt.


 

The original kit made another sort of book mark with the stitching backed with felt and attached by a plaited thread to that little tag thing - meant to represent a tea-bag - that  you can see above the teacup chart.
I'll just be doing the tea cup and will trim it to size, back with a piece of card and put it inside the coaster which is two pieces that clip together.

Back Tomorrow
Sue


25 comments:

  1. Plenty to keep you busy stitching that at the group. I have to have my craft light to stitch by these days. (The joys of old age!) Pretty colours to sew with anyway, and a useful gift at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm OK for 14 count aida at the moment but nothing smaller

      Delete
  2. They're really lovely! Have a great time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another morning out within walking distance which is good

      Delete
  3. So pretty, I miss doing cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do much anymore but need something for the stitching group

      Delete
  4. Like Hester I miss my cross stitching I just cannot see to sew now even with my lamp.
    Your teacup is very pretty and the coaster will be pretty.

    Hazel 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it will take me a while to finish - lots of similar pinks

      Delete
  5. I have complete respect for anyone that does crosss stick. It's just so fiddly. 😱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only do it on 14 count Aida - wouldn't attempt evenweave anymore

      Delete
  6. Two beautiful projects there, I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute pieces that will make great gifts.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That book mark is beautiful! I am sure the teacup will be, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully - I've not done much cross stitch for ages so this will take a little while

      Delete
  9. The bookmark turned out well! Good job. I think the teacup will make a really nice coaster. Now I want to get my cross stitch supplies out to see what I might make. Thanks, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get started on cross stitch again soon

      Delete
  10. Your bookmark is lovely and I'm sure the recipient is going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure where it's going yet but it will find a new home sometime

      Delete
  11. Joining the stitching group ensures that you will continue to produce lovely hand crafted gifts. The pinks will make a pretty teacup coaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to make special time for crafting

      Delete
  12. Sweet little gifts, or good for your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bookmarks and coasters are both a handy size to pop in an envelope and send

      Delete
  13. I love that bookmark. It looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete