Wednesday 20 April 2022

The Easter Saturday Boot Sale

As it was my birthday I didn't feel at all guilty in taking myself off early to the Saturday boot-sale leaving youngest daughter and eldest granddaughter to get their own breakfast!

It was the busiest boot-sale of the year so far and even though I couldn't spend too long out I managed to spot a few useful things among the junk. 

3 birthday cards for 20p each, chalks for the grandchildren for £1. The decorating headbands set will be a handy craft for youngest granddaughter, also £1. The wasp trap is the plastic version of  the antique glass ones I wanted to buy from one of the Rural Bygones Auctions a few years ago - except they were a crazy price and this one was 50p! . The book is interesting as it's all about the origins of road names in my local town, it cost me 50p and you may notice something that really isn't the start of a collection. Honestly  - two Beswick birds is Not a collection. This is a £1 Wren to go with the Blue Tit that's in my Spring-on-the-bookshelves display. It won't be out collecting dust all the time - only for spring and I'm not buying anymore......I really don't do collections...........much!

Then quickly home as I'd promised Eldest Granddaughter she could help me open cards and unwrap presents. 

Back Tomorrow
Sue


14 comments:

  1. Some useful finds again and I hope the wasp trap works, despite being plastic. The little book on Stowmarket sounds very interesting.

    Glad you had a Birthday Outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wren is lovely. Happy belated birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss that it was your birthday this past weekend? Sounds like it was a very happy one with family surrounding you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good treats! You had a lucky shop that day! I must get out to the resale shops again to see if I can have luck like you...
    Oh, one of my friends just became a Grandma for the first time and I am going to do a sweet cross stitch for her new grandson! Thanks for the cross stitch inspiration a couple of posts ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More good buys! I love nice cards and find the cost rising. $5-10 dollars each seems the price today. I had to buy carpenter bee traps and they were $25 each last year. They work so the expense was justified. That said, I'd love to find bargains like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My collections always start with two... That wasp trap looks like a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found a nice assortment. The book with the origins of road names in your town might be helpful in researching your family's history there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a lovely weekend with daughter and granddaughter. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope it was a lovely birthday with family! You did not mention candy - that is definitely part of Easter in my family although my mother sniffs and says she was the only one who gave it up for Lent.

    Constance

    ReplyDelete
  13. No the Tit and the Wren are not a collection ... but they will be when a Sparrow or Chaffinch join them ;-)

    ReplyDelete