Tuesday 5 April 2022

Carboot and Yard Sale Finds

 Last week one of the house clearance people had lots of gardening stuff , although I didn't need tools or flower pots I found these things that will be useful.......... 2 trays that are for holding and watering pots as they don't have holes and a big plastic pot saucer for the greenhouse plus a roll of fleece which will be handy. Paid £4 for those things.


The small clay saucer, to replace one of the ones that broke when the plant stand crashed and the pack of  baking paper sheets came from other sellers at 50p each.

Saturday morning I went to the next village to look around the yard sales. Not many people had things for sale and they were very spread out around two villages but I bought this gi-normous box of Playmobil bits  in the hope there would be something useful among them for youngest granddaughter for part of her birthday present.

 

There were lots of bits that didn't seem to go together or make a set but several horses and jumps that must have come from a showjumping set. Plus another set that that seemed to be an underwater shark set.Took me all the rest of the day to sort and I chucked lots and put many teeny tiny pieces in a bag.
I'm sure the storage box will come in handy too - that alone was worth a bit.
 Also in the box were some dinosaurs and zoo animals that weren't Playmobil but brilliant for middle grandson. The only other thing I picked up, also for middle grandson was a big fire engine and roadway floor puzzle.
My total spend was £5.50 

I wasted diesel going to the first boot-sale of the season at Stonham Barns........ good thing it isn't far away........because I came home with nothing. Many of the people selling were the same as those at Needham Market and as yet no sign of the one-off private sellers - too cold for them I think.

Back Tomorrow
Sue


14 comments:

  1. I always walk around carboot sales at least 3 times because you always miss something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there were those sorts of events around here - I love reading about your finds!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't been to a car boot sale for years, but our village does have once a month in the summer yard sales, they put out a list of homes taking part. I am thinking of sorting things for one day. I have loads of seed trays and other stuff I no longer need, I do enjoy walking around and looking at peoples stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playmobile toys are expensive so you did well there, especially as they were in that nice sturdy box. We're doing a Table Top sale on Sunday to get rid of as much of our excess as possible.

    I said to Alan next time we move I'm just taking furniture and a couple of carrier bags, he just said 'Next time?' ... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good finds I always enjoy seeing what you got for a bargain
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some useful bargains again. The Madley one started on Sunday but it's too far to go on spec. That one isn't all dealers usually, but a lot of the stuff on offer isn't what we are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good finds at better than reasonable prices. You did very well. Your grandchildren will be delighted with the items you found for them. That, all by itself, makes me happy for you and them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a LOT of plastic but kids do love Playmobile, so good finds! Do you give everything a good wash before your gkids use these second hand toys?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a good eye for bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again, it sounds like you have found some really good bargains. It is so much fun finding things :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some nice items. The gardening items will really come in handy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The garden stuff was a real find. Hopefully you'll get some better stuff as the year gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes it's worth wasting the fuel for the car in order to get out and walk around. I love garage sales, but I don't need anything. Fun to look!!

    ReplyDelete