Monday 17 October 2022

Work In Progress

 Here's the new en-suite after 11 days work over 2 and a bit weeks by various tradesmen. I've been pleased with the company who've either done the work or organised other people to do it - I know it's cost me a bit more, but to have everything done in order without hassles or hold ups has been a godsend. After years of doing up houses by ourselves without "having the builders in", (and after my experience with the weird kitchen man at Clay Cottage) I was concerned about my mental state! but it's been fine.....I'm still sane.

`

Apart from painting and carpet ......and the painter should be here tomorrow......there's a bit of snagging to be done. The door needs a bit shaving off the bottom, before it's re-hung, they've got to get some plastic for the up-stand edging under the shower base and tiles over the basin to be sorted, the roller blind to be put back.

The bedroom carpet is booked for Friday.........hope the paint's dry by then. 

Then it will just be asking Brother-in-Law to help me get the mattresses shifted about again. Curtains, chests of drawers and the craft stuff shelves I can manage myself.

At sometime over the next few weeks the builders will be back to put a door in the back wall of the old en-suite and finish off the walls inside. Then the chest freezer can be moved from the garage to this new store room and, knowing how cold it was as an en-suite, it should be just right for the freezer.

All I will have to do then is pay up! ........................and enjoy the warmth in the new en-suite when the weather gets colder.

Back Soon
Sue


37 comments:

  1. I'm glad area in your house is nearly finished. It looks nice. Glad it's a warmer area for you. Our weather is finally cooling down. Looks like we'll have rain 🌧 later this week. It's been dry for weeks. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be very good to be stepping out of a nice warm shower into a warm room

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful Sue. Enjoy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! And having the freezer inside will be nice this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The freezer will be in a storeroom but I'll have to go outside to get to it - just closer than the garage

      Delete
  4. It's looking great , I think getting it organised with a company like that is a really good idea, enjoy the warmth.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been complicated to organise everything using sub-contractors I think

      Delete
  5. What progress! What colour will the walls be, and what are your tiles like? You won't know yourself with a warm en suite AND the freezer inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White and white tiles - just the underground railway sort. I'll jazz it up with towels

      Delete
  6. It's worth the money for you to be comfortable, nothing like a warm bathroom on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must be a relief, getting it all done just in time for Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank goodness, showering in the old en-suite was just so cold

      Delete
  8. Oh, it's looking good already! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so good and I'm sure you will really appreciate the added comfort and how good it all looks. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will like the warmth after a shower this winter after freezing last winter

      Delete
  10. Either you or the firm got the timing right with organising all the different trades. It looks good. I bet you can't wait to 'christian' it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be good to get back into my bedroom and use the new en-suite

      Delete
  11. Definitely worth the effort! I’m glad you had good tradesmen and not long to go now til the finish! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that was definitely worth the effort and expense! You certainly picked some great craftsmen to do the work, worth their weight in gold I'd say.
    It will soon be finished now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's done soon so I can get things shifted out of the living room and spare room and back into the bedroom

      Delete
  13. God, I so envy you. Just had a shower this morning in our caravan as husband has ripped out our bath to replace with a shower cubicle. He's doing it himself so heaven knows how long it will take. He does a good job, but is sooo slow. Wish we'd got workmen in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it nice to work with wonderful contractors? Sometimes they are few and far between -- not showing up or finishing the job right. Well done in choosing these folks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad it is turning out so well. I think it looks very nice. I love it when the project turns out the way you imagined it might!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's looking good, and for an en-suite it's lovely and spacious. And I do envy your proper taps. I do like the hot and cold taps being independent of each other ... proper taps!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your job was huge with excavation, plumbing, construction, electrical, fine woodworking and painting. Everything looks outstanding and there were really no problems along the way. I'd call that perfect. Having everything exactly as you like it is ideal. A hot/warm shower in the cooler months is wonderful. You chose your contractor very well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoy the photos of your journey. It will be such a nice roomy bathroom for you. Hope to see bedroom when finished, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's looking lovely! So glad there hasn't been any trouble

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking good. We have been considering an addition, and in talking to the builders, they have complained that not only of the costs going up so rapidly, but they aren't able to schedule in the subcontractors that they need in the order they need them. So they are trying to work through things in a different order and it's not efficient. So consider yourself quite fortunate.

    ReplyDelete