Wednesday 17 April 2024

Cards and a Vase

 Another boot sale and  a £1 spend.

 Just 3 cards to add to the birthday-card box including two for men which are not so easily found.



 Then I spent £1 more on a vase of the height and shape I've been looking for and another £1 for two more birthday cards ready for Grandchildren - the eldest two will both be nine in 2025.



Saturday's car-boot sale was HUGE - they even had a sign out saying "Sellers Pitches Full Up" when I arrived just before 7.30 am.. 

Sunday was the first boot-sale closer to home now that the site had dried out enough. I went, walked all round and came home with nothing. After the torrential rain storms on Monday they'll probably be waterlogged again and too soggy to open this coming Sunday. 

I keep hoping for real treasure - not sure what that will be-  but haven't found it yet!

Thank you to everyone for Happy Birthday wishes yesterday. Creeping ever closer to 70!

Back Tomorrow
Sue

19 comments:

  1. I hope you had a really happy day. I can't believe we will both reach 70 next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really good car boot sale on Saturday - the vase is lovely and cards are always useful.
    And you are impressively organised. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of toys, tat and ornaments enough for everyone and not much useful stuff.

      Delete
  3. Belated birthday wishes Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy belated birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your bargain hunting - one day you'll find something stupendous and make your fortune. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the shape of the green vase - it will hold flowers erect rather than having them topple all over the place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just right as it's between the height of those I have

      Delete
  7. You found some very useful good buys. The vase is a nice shade of green and the height is perfect for taller stems. If only the rain would slow or stop even better. A few dry sunny days would be ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some good things last week. Lately, I am too apt to talk myself out of buying any little thing I find. But, like you, I still like to go and hope something "speaks" to me so I'll want to bring it home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never spend much which is a good thing and no treasure.

      Delete
  9. Those are all great finds. Such great bargains.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very impressed at your self control. I have to stay away from temptation...i get too tempted!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some nice finds at the boot sales. Garage sale season starts here soon. I'm not sure whether to go and allow myself to be tempted or stay away lol. I'm doing pretty good with the decluttering and letting go, I'm not sure I want to bring more into the house. Perhaps I should say one in, one out. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete