Tuesday 2 April 2024

The Easter Art Exhibition

 They've been having an Easter Art Exhibition at Needham Market for many, many years and as usual I went to have a look and admire all the art that I'd never be able to do.

I didn't really see anything where I thought "Love That" but these are some of the work on show that I liked.

This first one is very striking and I think it  would need a large room to display it







It was early on Saturday when I went so the show had only been on for a day (and preview evening) but I didn't notice many red sold dots  although the duck and ducklings above was sold.

The prices are in a catalogue which I didn't want to purchase so I don't know how much paintings here were selling for.

The next Art Exhibition I will visit is in a local village in May.

Back Tomorrow
Sue

23 comments:

  1. I love the ducks! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprised that one was sold - it would fit in anywhere

      Delete
  2. I think I could have found space for the duck and ducklings, just as well it had a red dot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's usually one or two that I would think about buying but nothing really jumped out at me this year

      Delete
  3. I liked the first painting. It had impact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were these amateur painters' works? I admire anyone who can draw or paint something recognisable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect most artists do it for a hobby - artists from various parts of East Anglia

      Delete
  5. There ain't half some talented people in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although there some lovely artworks there, there are none which would have made me spend any money. There are some talented folk in the world aren't there. I on the other hand, have not got an artistic bone in my body for drawing or painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's usually something I'd love to buy although I never do as I've enough already but although I went round the hall 3 times nothing really jumped out

      Delete
  7. Some nice art there but it can be a funny thing choosing a picture that you're going to have to live with for a long time can't it? All our rooms are fairly small, and like you say they don't lend themselves to big pieces of art.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that first painting would need to be the only thing on the wall of a big room.

      Delete
  8. The art on display shows lots of talent. I do love the ducks as I collect hand carved wooden ducks. There are two ducks swimming in the stream and woodland pools behind my house. Soon I will see sweet ducklings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. People are so talented. Thank goodness there are still plenty who don't waste all day looking at their phones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are many striking works there - I would love to have been able to visit. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful lily in that first picture. You would definitely need a large wall to display that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks very nice. I do like the duck and ducklings. I can see why that sold quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of those landscapes are beautiful, I think. xx

    ReplyDelete