Monday 30 August 2021

More Useful Finds

First of all must say thank you to everyone for lots of comments on Saturday about the Red Arrows. I've only had the pleasure of watching them do an actual display twice but have been lucky enough to see them fly over a few times all due to being on the East coast and close to their flight path when they go down to London or to Clacton Air Display. I was annoyed a few weeks ago when I read on the local Facebook page that a big noise I'd heard one evening was the Red Arrows going over - missed them!
Someone asked about the rose, afraid I don't know the name of any of the roses here apart from one (not this one) which has a label and is called "Happy Retirement".

 Apart from the Barbie Doll and her clothes and the toy cash-register which I picked up two weeks ago, there haven't been any decent car boot finds since the first week of August.  I've been going because I enjoy my early morning walk, but usually coming home with nothing to speak of (all I got on Saturday at the big Needham Market boot-sale were some 3 for £1 packs of shortbread biscuits!)

There were lots of people selling at Stonham Barns yesterday and I found a few useful things amongst all the junk, stuff, toys, ornaments and yet more stuff. As usual it included things for the Grandchildren. My total spend was £7.



I knew that I'd found at least 1 Richard Scarry book before but wasn't sure if it was here or  had gone down to Surrey, so brought home 2 which can stay or go to Youngest Grandson. The Ladybird Wheels book is also for him - just like oldest Grandson he's a great fan of cars and trucks.The Fairies Activity book will be for Oldest Granddaughter to do when I look after her in the Christmas Holidays.

The replica Blitz pack is for me to look at and then pass on when Grandchildren do their WWII projects.I'm pleased with 2 cushion covers in excellent condition to replace a couple of mine and another cushion and cover was needed too. I'd already picked up a cushion from another seller and put it down again when the person said it was £4- Too Much! Good thing I didn't buy it as the one here was £1.
 Finally the new Trowel and Fork set. I bought it thinking it would make a good gift but actually I could really do with new ones myself as mine are ancient . Colin repaired my handfork about 25 years ago by fixing a piece of a leg of old metal folding stool as a new handle!
 
Back Tomorrow
Sue

 


24 comments:

  1. There seem to be so many BootSales round you Sue - our nearest one is Bedale which is twelve miles away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two within a quick drive. One is Wednesday and Saturdays and the other is Sundays - I don't go to all of them!

      Delete
  2. great that you found the book for the future WW2 school project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just have to remember where I've kept it for 5 years!

      Delete
  3. Good finds there. Not worth me looking for things to have here for DGD as they only come occasionally. I think child and dogs is proving too much packing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will get easier as she gets older - Car boots and charity shops always have plenty of toys, so you'll easily find something interesting if you need to

      Delete
    2. Nice few things from the car boot, I wish we had one in the village there must be a reason we don't have one for we have a huge car park and a big sports pavilion that they use for lots of activities.
      Hazel 🌈🌈

      Delete
    3. They are popular around here but the one off ones don't happen very often now

      Delete
  4. All your finds were useful and needed so well found. I believe in forward thinking for what may be useful or needed in the future just like the WW2 books for your grandchildren. I know you have plenty of WW2 books but they would be too 'old' for little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just have to keep the replica kit safe for about 5 years!

      Delete
  5. Nothing beats the stroll around a car boot sale an finding something useful. One mans rubbish is another mans treasure. I went to my first one in months last week whilst away and really enjoyed the walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is certainly a load of rubbish as well as the few interesting bits and bobs

      Delete
  6. Seeing a Richard Scarry book brought back lots of lovely family memories.My children loved them.Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son had the cars and trucks and things that go book so many years ago

      Delete
  7. love the books, the grands will enjoy those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've got another village boot sale coming up soon. Not sure if I want to set up a stall this time. Might just browse the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the weather is good for the village sale. There is one happening two villages away in a couple of weeks time

      Delete
  9. There's no car boot sales near here so it's rare that we visit them but I do enjoy seeing what I can find when we do occasionally go. You seem to pick up lots of useful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are popular in Suffolk. I know of two more I could go to not much further away as well!

      Delete
  10. We do not have Boot sales but individual homeowners have yard sales. The items can be entire living room sets to toys, kitchen items and canoes. Estate sales are also popular but they are professionally run and generally high priced. Your Boot sales seem great and your grandchildren must love the great finds you purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice if you can combine your morning walk with a boot sale! My two boys dearly loved the Richard Scarry books and Cars and Trucks and Things that Go was their favorite. We spent hours looking for "Goldbug" on each page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Successful fossicking! I’d be keeping Colin’s fork as a treasure! Not for use, for a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely haul. The Richard Scarry books are a great find.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete