Thursday 2 June 2022

Woolpit Steam Fair

 Last time the fair was held, in 2019, Eldest Daughter was staying and Youngest Daughter drove over and with Son and Daughter in Law we all went to the Fair together . The day was hot and we had to find a shady spot for out picnic lunch. Since then there's been Covid, two more Grandchildren and the eldest two are now at school, which makes weekends more precious for them.

So it was just me, Son and Middle Grandson who popped down the road to visit last Saturday....and the weather was weird. One minute warm in the sun and the next a cold wind whipped round. I didn't stay too long as I was still suffering from tireditus but it was fun to see Grandsons face seeing all the machinery.






Not so many things there as 3 years ago and not picnic-ing weather for sure.

Apologies to everyone whose comments weren't published through  late May. I checked the awaiting moderation bit but had forgotten to check the spam file for several days. It's all very strange but now I will try to remember to look more often.
 

Back Tomorrow
Sue


13 comments:

  1. Just the place for little lads to enjoy - I bet his eyes were on stalks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he was walking he kept suddenly stopping in amazement to stare at everything!

      Delete
  2. Hi, you mention this spam folder. I had a look at my blogger account in case I was missing reactions too, but I don't see a spam folder. Where can I find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it by going into Comments on the Dashboard/Design page then a little down arrow at the top shows comments awaiting moderation, published or spam

      Delete
    2. Found it! Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. My grandsons love all kinds of tractors and equipment too! Looks like a fun outing for him! Hope your tiredness is gone away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little boys & machinery... they all love it! I remember, many moons ago, our road was being tore up in front of our house (back when we lived in-town) and my "little boy" would kneel on the couch and watch out the window for hours! That little boy is going to be 35yo next month! Good memories! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I do feel old Sue - I remember steam rollers mending the roads and I remember once going on the steam boats -n ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a steam show every year as well. The kids are fascinated by the noise and the action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photo's as is usual. Even though there weren't as many and the weather not the best I can tell you enjoyed your visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big machinery is a small boy's dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little boys do love machinery and your grandson must have been overjoyed to be at the fair. Hopefully, June weather will improve and we'll start getting warmer days. It's 60 degrees here and cloudy...very cool. If you continue to feel tired, a check-up with the PCP is probably a good idea. Your busy life can not accept feeling tired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun time out!

    ReplyDelete