Wednesday 21 June 2023

Another Art Exhibition

 This is an Annual Exhibition but I'd not been before. Although Debenham church is in the 100 churches book and I visited way back in 2018 . This art exhibition is huge with over 500 exhibits including a few bits of pottery and photographs - apparently it was the first time they had allowed photos to be exhibited.

Some of my favourite local artists had their work here again - several I'd seen this year already at Old Newton or Needham Market, but I've  tried to take a bit more of a variety of photos this time  rather than my usual villages, landscapes, birds and wildlife. It wasn't easy to get good photos because of all the reflections from the windows.




These two below are specially for Rachel in Norfolk , they are paintings done over a collage of torn pieces of paper


The next two I would have loved to buy - either or both. They are very large and were £375 each and probably worth every penny. (Very bad window reflections I'm afraid)



Something a bit different again. This is a very low and narrow arch under the railway very close to Needham Market boot sale. It wasn't made for the amount of traffic that goes under it now.


The print below looked much better in real life than my photo of it!


Almost abstract but glorious colours


Reflections were hopeless for this ginger cat photo but there were cards produced from it  so I bought one to use for a birthday card





Loved the colours and textures on this



More typical of the art I usually photograph


I liked this Church in the Snow below but forgot to check in the brochure as to where it was.


More prints of rural scenes


Below are a series of paintings on glass 


Back Tomorrow
Sue

31 comments:

  1. Gosh, lots of different subjects and styles there. Of course, the ginger cat was my favourite! Though I liked the rural scenes too - especially the last lot - a ploughed field and some pine trees appealed to me (the one to the left of the black swans). I can see why you were tempted by those two Hollyhock and bicycle paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to have just gone crazy and bought one of the hollyhock paintings but common sense prevailed

      Delete
    2. Surely love beats common sense any day

      Delete
  2. Thank you for including the collage for me. Not exactly my style of collage but interesting nevertheless. The overall standard of work looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't quite get the reason for the torn paper background but interesting idea

      Delete
  3. I love the first "bicycle by the window" piece, glorious details, especially the shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both lovely big paintings - so summery

      Delete
  4. Considering all the reflections you did well with the photos. I liked the bird on the collage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So difficult with light shining in in all directions.

      Delete
  5. Before I read today's post I need to ask you to delete my second comment yesterday please. Ta, ever so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done. They must record Countdown very far ahead.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sue, I didn't feel comfortable naming her. 5th June was when she had to be there.

      Delete
  6. Talent abounds in your neck of the woods. It's lovely to see so much variety in the exhibits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing all the things that I know I could never do!

      Delete
  7. Like you I would have loved to come away with a few of those.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Hollyhocks and bike ones that really appealed - very different to everything else

      Delete
  8. It seems that there are some very talented artists in your area, I think the bike and hollyhocks would have graced a wall splendidly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always amazing to visit an Art Exhibition and see how many artists we have around

      Delete
  9. I think that my favorite would be the winter church scene. I also like the cat in the summer shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like winter snow scenes but always think I would have to take them down in Summer!

      Delete
  10. Some lovely Art there, I too like the church in snow picture very much, I've got some snowy scenes art that my late Dad painted, they are up all year but I do prefer them in the winter!!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a snowy winter scene of canal boats at one time- I suppose it must have gone to a car boot sale long ago

      Delete
  11. So much talent in your area. It is nice to see the variety of styles and subjects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much good art work there. Must remember to go again next year

      Delete
  12. This was a very large show and it displayed lots of talented work. Knowing some of the artists must have made the show even more enjoyable for you. I love art showings and meeting artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of local artists who obviously exhibit at every show they can

      Delete
  13. Everything is just so gorgeous. Very talented artists.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder if it's the other way around, that Suffolk is a magnet for artists because it's hospitable to them and maybe more affordable than some regions. I know illustrators who've moved there for those reasons anyway. And you're a beneficiary.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would have had to buy the cat painting ... it might have stopped me buying one or both of the cottage/bicycle paintings, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some really talented artists there! The first two would really have tempted me. They are lovely

    ReplyDelete