Friday 20 September 2024

September Library Book Photo

 A lovely collection of books that I'd reserved were on the mobile library for me this week.

The new Robert Harris which is sure to be good, also here is the only one of the dozens of Donna Leon's books that I've not read. The book by Rob Rinder is his second and I enjoyed the first so this should be equally readable. I've previously read Lara Maiklems other book about mudlarking on the Thames. Hope this new one is good too.


The other two above are 'looking at' books rather than reading but I'm interested to see what recipes Hugh FW comes up with.

Below is the latest Lissa Evans book, her previous novels have all been very good and another BLCC crime story reprinted from 1932.




Below are four books with Autumn in their titles for my Reading The Seasons challenge, apart from the Agatha Christie I'm not sure about these. I read some of Leslie Cookman's books in the past and stopped as they are all more or less the same and very silly. The other two might be OK - I shall see. 


Should keep me out of mischief now the painting is finished.

Back Tomorrow
Sue

4 comments:

  1. I wonder how many books you've read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should love to go mudlarking on the Thames, but you need a licence (and an expert to guide you) so it's not cheap. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to be reading the Lissa Evans book so soon after publication. I loved her earlier books. Hoping to have this as a Christmas present. I am dropping heavy hints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small Bomb at Dimperley is a fantastic title!

    ReplyDelete