Thursday 19 September 2024

Stop Press!

 All four walls are done, the room looks clean and lighter with the almost-white instead of grey. It's miles away from perfect but will be OK . I didn't do the ceiling as it looked fine as it was. There is just some skirting board left to do today.

Curtains are back up, some furniture is back in it's right places, now I need BiL to spare me half an hour to do the fixings for the bookshelves. They need attaching to the wall at the top to keep them safely upright.

Then all I have to do is refill the cabinet and the bookshelves. I shall weed a few things out when I do the cabinet, some bits and pieces haven't been used for several years. 

Back Soon
Sue

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Watt made steam as we used to say in the playground.

      Delete
  2. It's a good feeling to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. I need to get started on the guest bedroom but am waiting for a rainy day as I really do need to carry on with the autumn tidy up out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone - my garden clearing has got to begin now ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father always used to say that the only bit of painting that had to be perfect was a small area of wall in the toilet; you stare at that every day but the rest you never give a second glance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like it's a job well done. It will be good to get the things that you are keeping back in situ. I am having a last minute sort out/declutter as we have just discovered that there's a table top sale near us on Sunday, and I booked a table. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have much more energy than I do so I'm very impressed, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Job well done! It must look and feel wonderful. You must do something special to celebrate the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done to you! And it will be lovely to sit and relax in a freshly decorated room. Catriona

    ReplyDelete