Friday 5 April 2019

Confessions of a Craftaholic

What did I say?............. NO CRAFT STUFF!

In fact DEFINITELY NO CRAFT STUFF.

But by some almost unbelievable  co-incidence, just one day after Sooze wrote about cardmaking and Aldi having some craft things including a die cutting machine on their Mothers Day Special Buys.............look what I found at the last Saturday's Big boot sale at Needham Market.

Among the boxes of house clearance stuff I spotted this. A small die cutting machine.


 I couldn't believe it. In all my years of card-making this is something I've never owned.(I added the Sissix Big Shot to my Amazon wish list once but as it was over £100 it never arrived from Santa or from anyone else!).

It seemed to have everything except dies so I asked the bloke if they had found any metal bits with shapes cut out of them but he hadn't a clue what I was talking about so I said there is no way to find out if it works without them so he sold it to me for £3. Bargain...I hope. Its a very small die cutter nowhere near as big as the box it's in. Luckily it does have the instruction leaflet. Must look out for some  dies at car boot sales, should have looked in The Works while in town to see what they had but completely forgot .

So instead of giving up on card making, looks like I'll  be carrying on!

Back Tomorrow
Sue




22 comments:

  1. Nice new toy! They really extend card making potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky find! And a sight cheaper than even the Aldi one! The Range do a load of dies, including lots of small ones at £1 each...I succumbed and got 4 of those. Now to watch some youtube videos to find out exactly what to do with them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was given one by a lady at a craft group who said "I have 4 and I don't need them all". Like Sooze, I've picked up a few dies from The Range. Enjoy your bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant find and for such an excellent price too, hope you can source the dies xcx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should never say "Never". It should be striken from our vocabulary, (when it comes to craft stuff anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bargain, and Spellbinders is a pretty good make too. Hope you can find dies soon to get going with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a few crafting magazines which each month have a 'free' die, might be worth having a look. If you are not in a rush, a Chinese website called Wish is very cheap and the dies work well, but it can take up to 3 weeks to come beware every item will have £1 postage on it, but they are still very cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like it had your name on it and a sign that you shouldn't give up on craftwork after all. Enjoy playing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Sissix Big Shot, with some dies. It was a gift nearly 4 years ago and has never been out of the box. My sister is crafting more and more now so it may well be sent off to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a bargain! You can emboss with it as well, so look out for cheap embossing folders. Your crafting will go to a whole new level.
    As for 'no more crafting stuff', guess who said the same thing and bought a bargain bundle on eBay this week? A hopeless case ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a bargain, I have a few die cutting machines, but my favourite Grand Calibur, was given to me and just this week the handle snapped off, so am trying to decide if I will buy a new Big Shot? Hubby says go for it, but I can't decide. A great place expecially when they have one of their big sales is "Crafty Devils" web site, some of their dies have been down to a £1, but even some of their other dies are often half the price of elsewhere. Helen S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the minute we say "never", the universe laughs. Hope you are able to find some inexpensive dies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That sounds like quite a find! The Works sometimes have small dies for a cheap price. Might be worth checking out so you can give it a go. You always find really neat things at boot sales.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great find. You are going to have lots of fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue if you have an email address I have lots of sizzlets dies - the thin ones that I never use now and could send you a few if you'd like. If you give me your email address I will email you to get your address. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a bargain! Enjoy it - you deserve a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, what a good find! I missed going to Aldi this week and busy, then unwell so I am guessing all the crafting goodies will be gone by now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great find! Our school had one of the big, heaving duty sets for everyone to use and it was such fun. It looks like a lot of your readers have suggestions for inexpensive dies. Hope you find some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What's for you won't get past you!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  20. No more craft stuff lol.....I say the same about books but they will keep falling me home. If my daughter knew I kept giving books a home she’d do her crunchie......

    ReplyDelete